Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Was he not a trailist for just one game?

Nah, he scored in his first game then never scored again, including a game away at Dundee Utd where as soon as we went a few goals down, he grabbed the back of his thigh and requested to come off.

Nah, he scored in his first game then never scored again, including a game away at Dundee Utd where as soon as we went a few goals down, he grabbed the back of his thigh and requested to come off.

Think you're getting a bit mixed up with the 2 players in question.

Renfurm did the thigh-grabbing thing, but it was at Tynecastle. I remember it very clearly. He was too lazy to chase a ball and when the screams came from the Saints fans, he pretended to limp and held his leg. He didnt last long after that.

Moussa was half decent. Scored a few goals, including one against Utd in what turned out to be his last game of a loan spell. The only reason we never extended it was because he picked up a knock that meant he'd be out of action for up to 4 weeks. He was starting to look pretty handy as well.

But, the best memory of him. In his first game (can't remember who we played) he was awarded MOM over the tan not in the last few minutes of the match. Next thing, he starts shaking hands with the opposition players while waiting for a kick out!! Brilliant!

Renfurm did the thigh-grabbing thing, but it was at Tynecastle. I remember it very clearly. He was too lazy to chase a ball and when the screams came from the Saints fans, he pretended to limp and held his leg. He didnt last long after that.

Moussa was half decent. Scored a few goals, including one against Utd in what turned out to be his last game of a loan spell. The only reason we never extended it was because he picked up a knock that meant he'd be out of action for up to 4 weeks. He was starting to look pretty handy as well.

But, the best memory of him. In his first game (can't remember who we played) he was awarded MOM over the tan not in the last few minutes of the match. Next thing, he starts shaking hands with the opposition players while waiting for a kick out!! Brilliant!

Sorry, but think you are wrong.

Dagnogo scored coming on as a substitute, think we beat Dundee. I have a feeling he wore the number 5 jersey and big Trigger did too. It may have been the Saturday before Killie hammered us in the League Cup Semi at Hampden.

I don't remember him scoring again but I do remember him pulling up at Tannadice after about 20 mins or so. We may even have been a goal or two down by that point, think we got a bit of a doing that day too, maybe 4-0?

Dagnogo only scored one goal but I certainly dont recall any play acting at Tannadice. Think you have fingered the wrong man.

He used to enjoy going round Furys nightspot saying "im moussa dagnogo, st mirren striker". Not sure if it ever worked, lets face it he was no Ismael Goncalves.

Wasn't the player who did the shaking hands thing Kelechi Okorie against Hamilton Accies?

We play a 4-2-3-1 formation. We play with one striker.

We therefore do not need a striker to partner Steven Thompson.

Harkins will bag 10-15 goals this season in his role behind Thompson. Kenny McLean has the potential to score goals if he is played out wide. He has the Andy Dorman habit of making runs behind defences. He can do that from a wide position where defensive midfielders can't track him.

Darren McGregor will help tighten the defence at full back IMO. He'll also add something at set plays, both in attack and defence.

What we need is someone as back up to Thompson, someone who can come off the bench when needed or, better still, give Thompson a run for his place in the side.

All in all, I actually think we have a really good squad, one good enough for the top 6.

The main problem we have is Danny Lennon's pseudo Barcelona tactics...

Harkins will bag 10-15 goals this season in his role behind Thompson. Kenny McLean has the potential to score goals if he is played out wide. He has the Andy Dorman habit of making runs behind defences. He can do that from a wide position where defensive midfielders can't track him.

Darren McGregor will help tighten the defence at full back IMO. He'll also add something at set plays, both in attack and defence.

What we need is someone as back up to Thompson, someone who can come off the bench when needed or, better still, give Thompson a run for his place in the side.

All in all, I actually think we have a really good squad, one good enough for the top 6.

The main problem we have is Danny Lennon's pseudo Barcelona tactics...

Do you think Gowzer is getting used to his full effectiveness then playing that deep.

Even if this were true, what then if Thompson gets injured or suspended.

Anybody who thinks we can go through this season with Thompson as our only experienced striker has their head up their arse. We need somebody in now and Mikael Antoine-Curier would fit that bill for me.

Even if this were true, what then if Thompson gets injured or suspended.

Anybody who thinks we can go through this season with Thompson as our only experienced striker has their head up their arse. We need somebody in now and Mikael Antoine-Curier would fit that bill for me.

As I said in my post, from you selectively quoted, we need another striker to provide back up and competition to Thompson.

Anybody who can't read my post properly has their head up their arse.

N

With the players we have, its either he plays deep or we drop Harkins, McLean or Teale...

Don't think we would need to drop Teale he is more of a wide player ,same with Harkins I would maybe have him left mid ,don't think I would have a hard decision to make between playing Gowzer more forward or playing McLean there IMO ,Newton playing deeper with either McGinn or McLean beside him.

I think we should switch Harkins and Mcgowan. Gowser has more pace while Harkins seems capable of the defence splitting pass this IMHO would give the team a better balance

Nah, would leave the midfield too open, Harkins wouldn't track back.

I'm happy with Gowser in the middle of the park, think he suits the position.

Nah, would leave the midfield too open, Harkins wouldn't track back.

I'm happy with Gowser in the middle of the park, think he suits the position.

Gowser goes missing in the middle of the park. I barely noticed him playing there and it wasn't until boyd got sent off that he was able to help dictate the game.