Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

i think the BORED will not do anything until at least january and possibly not until may, i do believe they are scunnered and will not wish to use club funds to pay off a manager when it means also having to pay a new manager, in fact with wages to pay until may i don't think there is any money available for a change of manager

What's with the bold on BORED?

Kenny Shiels would be an utterly woeful appointment.

Complete shambles of a man.

Can he win a league cup (check)

Can he out perform Dan the manager man's team in the league (check)

Will press conferences be more interesting than the sleepfests served up by Dan the manager man (check)

In the spirit of speculation I speculate that Mr Shiels has proven himself a success with less resources than even Mr Gilmour will provide and as such would be a very good manager.

Can he win a league cup (check)

Can he out perform Dan the manager man's team in the league (check)

Will press conferences be more interesting than the sleepfests served up by Dan the manager man (check)

In the spirit of speculation I speculate that Mr Shiels has proven himself a success with less resources than even Mr Gilmour will provide and as such would be a very good manager.

One of the main reasons Killie finish above us consistently is because they keep a bigger squad and can 'afford' to give the likes of Tesselaar and Samson better salaries, albeit marginally.

Shiels is only entertaining if he's a manager of another club, I'm sure the Kilmarnock supporters will testify to that. FWIW, both managers have a poor win percentage of around 30% in the SPL.

One of the main reasons Killie finish above us consistently is because they keep a bigger squad and can 'afford' to give the likes of Tesselaar and Samson better salaries, albeit marginally.

Shiels is only entertaining if he's a manager of another club, I'm sure the Kilmarnock supporters will testify to that. FWIW, both managers have a poor win percentage of around 30% in the SPL.

Danny has a win percentage of 21.6%

Source?

I'm sure I read that he was roughly 30% in the league. Lennon is 32% in all comps, Shiels 30%.

Calculator mate.

It's actually 21.7 before someone gives me into trouble for not rounding up.

Season 1 = 8 wins

Season 2 = 9 wins

Season 3 = 9 wins

Season 4 = 0 wins from 6 games

26 wins in 120 SPL games is 21.67 % win ratio.

Edit to add - if his stats are right on Wikipedia he has won 39 out of 143 in all competitions. 27.27%.

Can't be f**ked checking the accuracy of that though.

Edited by davidg

Calculator mate.

It's actually 21.7 before someone gives me into trouble for not rounding up.

Season 1 = 9 wins

Season 2 = 8 wins

Season 3 = 9 wins

Season 4 = 0 wins from 6 games

26 wins in 120 SPL games is 21.67 % win ratio.

Never heard of it :P

Seriously though, terrible record but I still don't think Shiels would be a good appointment, I'd even take Tangoman before him!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone think that James Forrest may be going cheap? Him and that Craig Thomson that used to play for Hearts would be pennies!!!!

I'll assume this is a woosh? blink.png

Astounding that some supporters can't get over the OF.

Anyway, more chance of getting Forrest Gump. tongue.png

I think he just mispelt "penises". Or should it be "penii"?