Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Every club has more ambition than us.

Hearts could put a full bench out on Saturday, we were 2 players short and our bench included 2 players that we can't get rid. Good job Bahookie and Mair never left or we would have been down to 3 on the bench.

All this has come from what should have been a position of strength in the close season, a really good run in both cups the chance to strengthen and we decimate the squad.

It really is keystones cops stuff. I just don't understand why we have managed to make such a rip roaring Cnut of the transfer market in the summer and by the looks of it, it's round 2 during January.

For genuine Keystone cops stuff, you need only look at Sevco. (Share price hit 27p yesterday)

Poor Super Salary didn't have a full bench at the w/e either. :(

He'll be fine, though, when the next Rangers-minded multibillionaire with wealth off the radar comes along.

I heard there was an announcement due today regarding a signing or signings ,so far nothing .

It's the summer all over again, other team strengthen while we offload. I made the mistake in the summer thinking we were offloading to get new players in. We need players in NOW but I wouldn't be surprised if we let Mair go and didn't bring anyone else in.

After the summer fiasco I would have expected that we would have identified targets and got them in pronto. In true style we release more players, 3 or 4 I think and bring in a lad on loan who couldn't beat Lewis Guy for a first team spot at Carlisle.

WTF is going on?

It's the summer all over again, other team strengthen while we offload. I made the mistake in the summer thinking we were offloading to get new players in. We need players in NOW but I wouldn't be surprised if we let Mair go and didn't bring anyone else in.

After the summer fiasco I would have expected that we would have identified targets and got them in pronto. In true style we release more players, 3 or 4 I think and bring in a lad on loan who couldn't beat Lewis Guy for a first team spot at Carlisle.

WTF is going on?

You're having a bit of a melt-down, aren't you?

DON'T PANIC!!!!

ETA: GIE'S A SIGNING!!!!

Edited by Drew

WTF is going on?

It's really not, it's freezing.

Calm down dear, you're starting to sound like................................(Enter any amount of knee jerking forum users)

Just out of curiosity who did you hear it from. eg a mate, a club employee.

Why would a club employee tell me , I have heard from a couple of people who basically said the same thing , maybe the club employee /mole told them.

Anyone heard anything from Lovestreet.

Edited by linwood buddie

Right, I'm away into a meeting, and when I return, I expect the club to have signed a hairy-arsed 6'4" centre half, and a left-sided, mid-field maestro who has a proven scoring record into the bargain.

Anything less will be unacceptable!

Edited by Drew

Right, I'm away into a meeting, and when I return, I expect the club to have signed a hairy-arsed 6'4" centre half, and a left-sided, mid-field maestro who has a proven scoring record into the bargain.Anything less will be unacceptable!

Sorted ................................. Next?

No player should be immune from being dropped - captain or not.

Personally, I find it unbelievable that there isn't a better option out there in our price range than Goodwin. Even if that was the case, we still need someone to compete with him anyway. We don't want to half to rely on McGinn holding together the whole midfield on his own every week that Jim is suspended/injured like he had to do against Celtic.

I'm not saying that anyone is immune from being dropped, what am saying is Danny going to drop him? IMO no he won't... Therefore personally I don't think that's a priority position to be getting in this transfer window. We're not going to be bringing in 4 players it looks like 1 or 2 if we're lucky so I hope he doesn't waste the budget we have on cover for Jim Goodwin.

The worry for me would be a short term deal for Kevin Thomson. One or two rumours doing the rounds that he could be heading our way. :(

A fit Kevin Thomson is an asset to any team in the spl apart from Celtic, I would have him instead of Goodwin no problem.