Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

They have what we dont. A town full of people who support their home team. About 90% of football fans in Paisley support the old firm. Can you imagine if we had the whole town behind us. The stadium, extra cash. Would be awesome.

The Rotherham population (if you include it's surrounds) is close to 250,000 - about twice what Paisley and it's surrounds has, 125,000. You have to remember that Linwood and Erskine are largely made up of former Glasgow overspill so you can't include them in the equation. So, they have a crowd of 8,000 and we have a crowd of 4,000. We have the bigot brothers on our doorstep, they have the two big Sheffield clubs, albeit they are not what they were and Huddersfield, Bradford and Leeds not that far away. Not counting that the two big Manchester clubs are just over a mile away. Statistically we are not that far behind them.

The Rotherham population (if you include it's surrounds) is close to 250,000 - about twice what Paisley and it's surrounds has, 125,000. You have to remember that Linwood and Erskine are largely made up of former Glasgow overspill so you can't include them in the equation. So, they have a crowd of 8,000 and we have a crowd of 4,000. We have the bigot brothers on our doorstep, they have the two big Sheffield clubs, albeit they are not what they were and Huddersfield, Bradford and Leeds not that far away. Not counting that the two big Manchester clubs are just over a mile away. Statistically we are not that far behind them.

Was you dogging it for geography at school?

Manchester is a mile from Doncaster?

Huddersfield, Bradford and Leeds are not faraway

Sheffield is on the doorstep?

Aye they,ve got Hull one door doon on the other side and Newcastle and Sunderland across the road.

Still no a patch on Love Street.

Rickety and old it was , but it was magical on a cup or European night & had 2 things we are missing , Character & Memories :)

The midweek games under floodlights were my favourite games.

Edited by whydowebother

Was you dogging it for geography at school?

Manchester is a mile from Doncaster?

Huddersfield, Bradford and Leeds are not faraway

Sheffield is on the doorstep?

Aye they,ve got Hull one door doon on the other side and Newcastle and Sunderland across the road.

I live in leeds it's 34 mile to Rotherham.

Sheffield is only 8 miles from it , Manchester is 42 mile from it.

Hull however is 63 miles from it :P and 61 from Leeds.

So I agree with you , he must of been dogging geography !

Edited by whydowebother

Oops. Sorry all I meant "just over an hour away". Senior moment. Anyway, nearer than most United fans live if you believe the press they get. Going from Rotherham to Leeds is like going from Paisley to Stirling. Family friends in Rotherham have two lads in their 30's and they are both huge Leeds United fans and have been since they were boys.

"Dogging it" was common parlance for bunking off school when I were a lad.

Edited by rabuddies

I live in leeds it's 34 mile to Rotherham.

Sheffield is only 8 miles from it , Manchester is 42 mile from it.

Hull however is 63 miles from it tongue.png and 61 from Leeds.

So I agree with you , he must OF been dogging geography !

... and you must HAVE been dogging English...

I see the ever reliable Sun is tweeting that Spurs and Everton are interested in our Kenny McLean. As much as I would love it to be true I don't think there will be much truth in the matter.

However bear in mind he is better than McCarthy you never know. I hope he goes south really don't want him to go to TAFKAR.

I see the ever reliable Sun is tweeting that Spurs and Everton are interested in our Kenny McLean. As much as I would love it to be true I don't think there will be much truth in the matter.

However bear in mind he is better than McCarthy you never know. I hope he goes south really don't want him to go to TAFKAR.

If that particular rumour was true it may be ideal for us. They would owe us in the region of £350,000 in compensation and there may be a chance we could strike a deal for him to be loaned back for a season. That's really the only way I see Kenny playing in the stripes next season.

• 2 weeks later...