Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

r*ngers have freed Andrius Velička after his loan spell at Aberdeen was terminated.

Looks like one of those players whose career is in freefall but I'd still offer him training facilities and see if we couldn't get him fit in a few bounce games and maybe then offer him a short term deal. He does score goals, if he can be arsed.

The list of transfers on the BBC website says he's signed for some club I hadn't heard of.

Is that guy he was after before, Anto Flood, not a free agent now. Went from Galway to some Swedish/Swiss mob on short term deal which has ended.

Would us not sending some players to Ireland not free up wages that we could get a striker/creative midfielder in?

Also is DL playing the defensive game so we don't lose games? We lose so many games from late goals. Could we not go a bit more attacking to try see off games? Or does he think the defensive side of the team would screw up? He signed a lot of the players, does he then not have himself to blame?

I do wonder why, if this guy was a target in summer, why we don't go back for him now he's free - would only have to be a 3/4 month deal.

• 1 month later...

BBC gossip column is reporting Ian Rankin is being released by hibs - if this actually means john rankin - worth a punt?

You thinking more Black and White than Black and Blue?

It would be worth the speculation just for a resurrection of the infamous P&B Thread.

It was a now legendary Cap'n exclusive/saga that he was signing for Saints. Must be up there with the longest threads on the site.

I found some lengthy threads (so that I could post a link) with rankin but not just Cap'n contributing.

Couldn't pinpoint it...

Cannae find wot you mean tho it struck a chord with me, too. :)

I found some lengthy threads (so that I could post a link) with rankin but not just Cap'n contributing.

Couldn't pinpoint it...

Cannae find wot you mean tho it struck a chord with me, too. :)

I couldn't hunt it down either.

It was almost iconic in it's own way, so surely it must be in there somewhere. It ranks alongside the Gretna through the U-bend thread, though neither quite reached the heights of my own Motherwell Pitch Cheats topic - that set the platinum standard that has yet to be bettered, and probably never will :P

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Accies have release Casalinuovo & told Marco Paixao that his contract won't be renewed.

Wouldn't mind us taking a punt of Casalinouvo, looked good at Dundee Utd and excellent on loan at Raith Rovers.

Casalinouvo is a 'sand dancer'. IMO, he looks good enough to deceive. He has been found out at United, and now Accies

If Gallacher went, I would take Cerny. But only if he did leave. There must be a few out of contract players from Hibs we could take also.

Heard last night that Colin Nish is being looked at as a replacement for Higdon if as expected he goes down south. Once we're arithmetically safe we'll be offering him a 2 year deal.

Naw, we'll be offering Nish a 2 year deal if Higdon goes.

the board better do all they can to keep higdon, will be very dissapointed if we dont even make an attempt to keep him! He's black he's white he's f**king dynamite, michael higdon!!

I know he is a wee cheating f**k when playing against us but a would love to see us go for Dougie Imrie very direct winger gets at people and can cross and finish

I'll agree with you there, think he is a cracking player but im sure he signed a 2 year deal with hamilton only last summer.

Edited by JJ Lochgilphead

I know he is a wee cheating f**k when playing against us but a would love to see us go for Dougie Imrie very direct winger gets at people and can cross and finish

I'll agree with you there, think he is a cracking player but im sure he signed a 2 year deal with hamilton only last summer.

Edited by JJ Lochgilphead

Heard last night that Colin Nish is being looked at as a replacement for Higdon if as expected he goes down south. Once we're arithmetically safe we'll be offering him a 2 year deal.

Green dot for that. I'm fed up seeing all this mathematically safe pish. I was educated on the Tom Hendrie school of being safe in a league.