Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

McDonald is apparently leaving because he wants to get a gig dahn saaf. Rumour has it that Kello will be his replacement. Sounds feasible.

I don't know who Dylan McGowan is, to be honest.

Can't see us getting McDonald then!

McGowan has had a pretty good season for them, a lot of Hearts fans have been trying to get him into the Australia World Cup squad.

My Uncle knows the player personally, passed on from him. As it stands, we do not have a 1st team goalkeeper in contract for next season thumbdown.gif

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

We don't have a captain either... Or a manager!

My Uncle knows the player personally, passed on from him. As it stands, we do not have a 1st team goalkeeper in contract for next season thumbdown.gif

That's a genuine shock. Injury possibly worse than originally thought?

I was told while he was still playing that he would be retiring, think the injury has confirmed it. He has been on the bench the last few weeks but he was still carrying the injury.. Thats why he was never out warming up at half time etc. Cracking 6 months. But if we get Dilo signed up on a long term deal i'd be happy. Great young goalkeeper

Macgennis has a lot of pace and I was quite impressed with him tbh. Either would be good acquisitions.

He is a big, athletic player, but he doesn't strike me as a goal-scorer. A decent impact sub, but I'm not sure whether he would be worth a slot in the wage budget, to be brutally honest.

Connor wants to stay at the club... He is going to speak to Rotherham tomorrow, but his first choice is Saints. Would love him to stay, only if we dont pay through the nose for him though

Be amazed at this, I heard newton wanted to head back down south.

I'd be disappointed if we signed Josh Magennis.

He's a footballer who can't actually play football.

A wee bit harsh, for me. He has a few attributes, but not enough at this level.

He's the battering ram type of player who lacks the finesse to be a finisher, but causes problems for opposition defences by simply being there. I think he could be decent enough at a mid-table 1st Division side (again, I simply cannot refer to the 'Championship') - a Dumbarton or QotS, for example.

As suggested earlier, I cannot see where he would fit in with our plans to progress. He is very limited in many areas of his play. No composure in front of goal, doesn't seem to win many headers, and has pretty poor decision-making on the evidence I've seen. He did a turn for us on occasion, but nothing to warrant a contract, in my opinion

Edited by Drew

Connor wants to stay at the club... He is going to speak to Rotherham tomorrow, but his first choice is Saints. Would love him to stay, only if we dont pay through the nose for him though

Surely he'd want to wait until he knew what division they'd be playing in?

I'd be very surprised if we can satisfy his wage demands. We paid a tiny fraction of his Newcastle salary while he was on loan.