Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Funny that people who don't rate Magennis (a tall strong athlete).... We're some of the same saying shifting Parkin on was wrong.?

Tommy D is still trying to fill in that 5 yard trench Parkin used to exist in.

I think people liked magennis for his work rate and desire... The stats don't lie he couldn't score in a barrel of fannies. Therefore I think people would rather a striker with some sort of goal scoring history.

I think people liked magennis for his work rate and desire... The stats don't lie he couldn't score in a barrel of fannies. Therefore I think people would rather a striker with some sort of goal scoring history.

Magennis hasn't/didn't score for us... but his stats zero goals in 13 apps, mostly from bench, dying minutes,

versus 27 apps for Parkin, lots of starts only 2 goals...

to me says Magennis could yet eclipse Parkin's sharp shooting and get 3..! (if we brought him back)

Magennis hasn't/didn't score for us... but his stats zero goals in 13 apps, mostly from bench, dying minutes,

to me says Magennis could yet eclipse Parkin's sharp shooting and get 3..! (if we brought him back)

Big if

I wasn't suggesting that Parkin was some sort of hero but at least he had a goal threat, Magennis doesn't!

I don't think Carey would offer us more than Wylde does, could do with a wee bit of cover on the left side though.[/quote

He's been there player of the season and most consistent performer in a team that finished above us in the league.

He would be a good signing and good cover for the left hand side.

I don't think Carey would offer us more than Wylde does, could do with a wee bit of cover on the left side though.[/quote

He's been there player of the season and most consistent performer in a team that finished above us in the league.

As you said he has been one of their better players

He was playing more central as well instead of wide left

His best performances for us is when he played left back anyway

You just made that up. 1eye.gif

It was a mistake to let Carey go, but, now that he has moved on, I'm not sure that it would worth trying to bring him back. Kelly is doing well at left back, and still developing, and Wylde could be a central feature of our team next season. He is more pacey and direct than Carey, if lacking his craft.

Cover would be good, and Carey would provide more than decent cover, but would he be happy with that?

In saying all that, if he did come in, we would have good options on the left, and could avoid sticking McGinn out there, so on reflection....

No thanks.

Next suggestion.

Scott Allan? Just released by West Brom, been on an unsuccessful loan at Birmingham, very talented lad, still only 22, seems to have lost his way big style down South but definitely a talented boy - just needs the right manager to get him back on track.