Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Carey's problem isn't his skill or technique, its his attitude.

There were too many games last spell where he didn't look interested. Granted this may have been because he didn't get on with Lennon, but its still a worrying trait.

In saying that, assuming McLean leaves, maybe he could play in his advanced midfielder role - he doesn't need to defend as much but can run at defenders and shoot.

It all depends on whether he can be arsed though.

Carey's problem isn't his skill or technique, its his attitude.

There were too many games last spell where he didn't look interested. Granted this may have been because he didn't get on with Lennon, but its still a worrying trait.

In saying that, assuming McLean leaves, maybe he could play in his advanced midfielder role - he doesn't need to defend as much but can run at defenders and shoot.

It all depends on whether he can be arsed though.

His stand-out match was the semi-final against Celtic, when he played left back. He hardly put a foot wrong that day, and was one of our (many) man of the match candidates.

I'm not sure what the script is with his attitude, but he is undoubtedly an accomplished player when he turns it on. Turning back the clock seldom pays dividends, however (Ricky Gillies excepted, when he almost single-handedly kept us up under Hendrie). I wouldn't be at all upset if he returned, but nor would I be overly enthused.

Edited by Drew

McLean to Bournemouth :-(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27453135

In fairness this could be a great move for him as Bournemouth are a forward thinking team that play some great football. They aren't short of a few quid either so we will get our compo unlike if he goes to sevco.

They paid Aberdeen 400K for Ryan Fraser last year....

McLean to Bournemouth :-(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27453135

In fairness this could be a great move for him as Bournemouth are a forward thinking team that play some great football. They aren't short of a few quid either so we will get our compo unlike if he goes to sevco.

Decent team, decent ground, decent money . Decent move.

I think Kenny Mclean is more than decent.

ETA , just noticed this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27438606

I wonder if that might affect things.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Scott Allan? Just released by West Brom, been on an unsuccessful loan at Birmingham, very talented lad, still only 22, seems to have lost his way big style down South but definitely a talented boy - just needs the right manager to get him back on track.

He certainly was a quality street kid. Touted for big things and I saw him play for the Scotland U21's and he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park. However, the last season has been a bit of a bust for him - attitude maybe after all the media hype? Would still think we have no chance here.

I'd have thought that someone like Kane Hemmings would be a good signing. Good goalscoring return in the First Division for a struggling side (he's scored more for them in the league this season than Sutton did for us when we won the First Division). He'd surely get goals in the top flight?

A decent strike partner for Thompson would give us a chance of the top 6.

Strikes me as a guy who thinks he's much better than he is. I think he would be a risky signing for anyone

Championship POTY and 24 goals in 36 starts playing for a team who finished 2nd bottom.

There will be plenty of teams willing to take the risk..... Maybe he will head back down south though.

I watched hemmings against the pars on alba. Not overly impressive.

John Sutton isn't overly impressive other than scoring goals either!

Takes me back to the Spain v Scotland World Cup qualifier in 1985.

Steve Archibald was the leading goalscorer in La Liga with Barcelona at the time and was at the press conference before the game.

One of the Spanish journalists asked him the question "what exactly is it that you do on the pitch.... apart from scoring all those goals?".....

Edited by Moustache of Hyslop

Strikes me as a guy who thinks he's much better than he is. I think he would be a risky signing for anyone

A confident guy who can score goals.

I'd take that risk any day of the week!

We'll never get him anyway. Too good for us.

Its no wonder that The Rangers are in such a mess when they let a guy like this go and spunk £000s on the likes of Jon Daly.

A confident guy who can score goals.

I'd take that risk any day of the week!

We'll never get him anyway. Too good for us.

Its no wonder that The Rangers are in such a mess when they let a guy like this go and spunk £000s on the likes of Jon Daly.

His goals would probably dry up if he came to us, you only have to look at Steve Archibald whistling.gif

His goals would probably dry up if he came to us, you only have to look at Steve Archibald whistling.gif

FFS

... alternatively, Bobby Torrance, Doug Somner, Frank McAvennie, Eddie Gallagher, Frank MacDougall, the list goes on