Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Aye but we all know who's getting released someone saying 'James McFaddens away would we sign him?' Isn't a ground breaking post, its not a rumour St Mirren are interested in him, no one is sitting thinking 'You know I never thought about that wow James McFadden.' Clues in the name The Rumour Mill. If someone hears a rumour that McFadden or Carey came to St Mirren park over the weekend I'd post that, that at least gives food for thought. The thread isn't 'Who's just been released by an SPFL club for people that are to lazy to look at Sky Sports News and do we think he'd be a good player for St Mirren thread' Maybe we should start that up?

but this is the 'speculation' thread.

Hasselbaink is trouble.

From the BBC site

Veteran Scotland cap Chris Iwelumo and fellow forward Nigel Hasselbaink were fellow Celtic Park benchmen released in the wake of Saints first national trophy triumph.

Wright explained that the Dutchman, who moved to McDiarmid Park after rejecting an improved contract from St Mirren in summer 2012, exited after failing to return his telephone calls.

"Nigel has contributed over the past two years, but he is one of our highest earners," said Wright.

"He said to me back In January that he would make a call at the end of the season.

"I wanted to speak to him face to face, but he went back to Holland and isn't picking up his messages and so I have dealt through his agent."

Cardiff release Simon Lappin.

Some mischievous pup has been on his wiki page already.rolleyes.gif

Lappin agreed a move to return to St Mirren on the 19th May 2014, with the midfielder due to return to Saints on expiry of his Cardiff contract, July 1st.

From the BBC site

Veteran Scotland cap Chris Iwelumo and fellow forward Nigel Hasselbaink were fellow Celtic Park benchmen released in the wake of Saints first national trophy triumph.

Wright explained that the Dutchman, who moved to McDiarmid Park after rejecting an improved contract from St Mirren in summer 2012, exited after failing to return his telephone calls.

"Nigel has contributed over the past two years, but he is one of our highest earners," said Wright.

"He said to me back In January that he would make a call at the end of the season.

"I wanted to speak to him face to face, but he went back to Holland and isn't picking up his messages and so I have dealt through his agent."

he tweeted a selfie holding a monkey today.

Lee Mair will most likely be linked with Hamilton as will Nigel Hasslebank.

Will be competing with County, Inverness, Thistle, Accies, Killie and Dundee for new signings in this league and it will be interesting to see how we compete against this lot in the transfer market. This will surely be our best chance ever ti finish in the top 6. We really need more firepower up front to assist Thomohawk.

It's going to be an interesting summer ahead for spfl clubs.

James McPake has been out most of the season due to a back injury and will not be getting a new deal at Hibs. Too big a risk or the "Heid the Baw" centre half we have been crying out for since the departure of Cuthbert?!?!