Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I would take Williams, Craig and an injury free McPake.

I can see Craig going back to the fakes though.

Craig would be an excellent signing, been head and shoulders above everyone else at Easter Road this season.

I'd also like to see us go for McPake, I'd rate him as better than McGregor if he's fit.

Craig would be an excellent signing, been head and shoulders above everyone else at Easter Road this season.

I'd also like to see us go for McPake, I'd rate him as better than McGregor if he's fit.

Rab, Rab, Rab, I'd rather have Steven Anderson than McPake bangin.gif

He charges about all over the place, launching himself into tackles and going to ground far too much for a decent centre half. He's all brawn with very little brain on the park.

I saw on the BBC there that Heffernan has been told he can go as well. I'd probably take a punt on him as backup to Thommo, depending on his wages. Think he had a couple of injuries last season, and everybody looks shite playing for Hibs anyway, but he's been a good solid goalscorer at this level before, and he offers something a bit different.

I saw on the BBC there that Heffernan has been told he can go as well. I'd probably take a punt on him as backup to Thommo, depending on his wages. Think he had a couple of injuries last season, and everybody looks shite playing for Hibs anyway, but he's been a good solid goalscorer at this level before, and he offers something a bit different.

32. Injury prone and 4 goals this season.

No thanks.

32. Injury prone and 4 goals this season.

No thanks.

32 isn't that old, he wouldn't be the main striker and he scored 20 goals in 56 games for Kilmarnock before he signed for Hibs.

That's a better option than most of the non-Thommo strikers we've had at the club over the last three years. If we can add another striker who's going to bag us 8-10 goals next season it would make a big difference.

And where did you read or hear next week not seen it anywhere.

Online media - was from Tommy/Jim as regards to using this week to offload players ( to check finances for availability )with a view to discussion next week with players coming in.

Eta . trying to find the link ,but if not what I said above was just about it anyway.

Edited by whydowebother

GIE'S A SIGNING!

Worth remembering that the transfer window isn't actually opened yet apart from for Scottish based players out of contract now.

Expect most contracts expire 31st May Or 30th June.

I think cross border transfers can't happen until 9th June.

r

Worth remembering that the transfer window isn't actually opened yet apart from for Scottish based players out of contract now.

Expect most contracts expire 31st May Or 30th June.

I think cross border transfers can't happen until 9th June.

Aye, I appreciate that. Its just a B&A tradition during the close season, and I couldn't help myself.

Kello counts, though.

GIE'S ANOTHER SIGNING!!!

Edited by Drew

Heffernan had a poor season because he was playing for a rotten Hibs side that creates nothing.

As long as he's not wanting daft money, I'd be happy enough with him coming in.

In fact, if we play a 442 next season, I'd predict him and Thommo would both score loads. They're both intelligent strikers who can create and score goals.

32 isn't that old, he wouldn't be the main striker and he scored 20 goals in 56 games for Kilmarnock before he signed for Hibs.

That's a better option than most of the non-Thommo strikers we've had at the club over the last three years. If we can add another striker who's going to bag us 8-10 goals next season it would make a big difference.

From what I've seen of him, he's dropped off a cliff rather dramatically. He's a striker who plays off the shoulder and relies on pace to get him into goalscoring positions and when that pace goes, you're not left with a great deal.

He'd be almost a carbon copy of Craig Dargo for us in that we got him far too late and signed him on past glories, albeit slightly less perma-crocked.

Edited by djchapsticks

From what I've seen of him, he's dropped off a cliff rather dramatically. He's a striker who plays off the shoulder and relies on pace to get him into goalscoring positions and when that pace goes, you're not left with a great deal.

He'd be almost a carbon copy of Craig Dargo for us in that we got him far too late and signed him on past glories, albeit slightly less perma-crocked.

Spot on.

But he wouldn't be expected to be a first team starter every week the way Dargo was. As a back up and an option of the bench we could do far worse. Josh Magennis for example. Also, has he really dropped off a cliff? Is it not more likely he just signed for Hibs, which makes any player look shite.

He might not want to cone to us anyway. Any striker that comes to us pretty much knows they are coming to play second fiddle to Thommo, and be paid accordingly.

Heffernan had a poor season because he was playing for a rotten Hibs side that creates nothing.

As long as he's not wanting daft money, I'd be happy enough with him coming in.

In fact, if we play a 442 next season, I'd predict him and Thommo would both score loads. They're both intelligent strikers who can create and score goals.

A good player whilst at killie but done now. Also, he's on circa £3k a week (and was on similar at Killie) so that'll be a no go.

Online media - was from Tommy/Jim as regards to using this week to offload players ( to check finances for availability )with a view to discussion next week with players coming in.

Eta . trying to find the link ,but if not what I said above was just about it anyway.

Correct I read the same article its ether Bbc - Scotsman - Record these are the three I check daily

But he wouldn't be expected to be a first team starter every week the way Dargo was. As a back up and an option of the bench we could do far worse. Josh Magennis for example. Also, has he really dropped off a cliff? Is it not more likely he just signed for Hibs, which makes any player look shite.

If it's a back up, then I'd much rather we went for a young, hungry lad with something to prove like Rory Loy or Kane Hemmings. Not a washed up diddy looking for one last payday.

In short, for Paul Heffernan, read Dennis Wyness, Jim Hamilton, Sam Parkin and the aforementioned Mr Dargo. It's high time we stopped going down this route of signing players cos they used to score goals back in nineteen canteen.

And I've seen him a few times this season. Yes, he has most certainly dropped off a cliff. Nowhere near the dangerman he once was.