Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The only Hibs player I would want is the kid Stanton. The rest can piss off as far as I'm concerned. There are far more players in the Hearts team I'd want. They showed fight and bottle. There's a cancer running through that Hibs dressing room. No wonder they acted swiftly to cut 14 players.

How many times did that Hibs squad shit themselves? Top of the bottom six and shat it. Last minute goal v Thistle - shat it. Just needed a draw at home to Killie - shat it. Earned a 2 goal lead v Accies and shat it. Shat it on penalties too.

Hibs? Just say no.

If it's a back up, then I'd much rather we went for a young, hungry lad with something to prove like Rory Loy or Kane Hemmings. Not a washed up diddy looking for one last payday.

In short, for Paul Heffernan, read Dennis Wyness, Jim Hamilton, Sam Parkin and the aforementioned Mr Dargo. It's high time we stopped going down this route of signing players cos they used to score goals back in nineteen canteen.

And I've seen him a few times this season. Yes, he has most certainly dropped off a cliff. Nowhere near the dangerman he once was.

Of course, Loy has been with us before and didn't exactly set the heather alight, he's 26 and has had one decent season in his career, in a poor championship. Not sure exactly how that is a better bet. Also, how do you know these guys are "hungry"?

Worth remembering that the transfer window isn't actually opened yet apart from for Scottish based players out of contract now.

Expect most contracts expire 31st May Or 30th June.

I think cross border transfers can't happen until 9th June.

We can sign people on bosmans just now though.

Of course, Loy has been with us before and didn't exactly set the heather alight, he's 26 and has had one decent season in his career, in a poor championship. Not sure exactly how that is a better bet. Also, how do you know these guys are "hungry"?

He didn't set the heather alight as he simply was never given the chance to. 8 sub appearances, I believe. None of which was longer than about 12 minutes and most of which were about 4 or 5 minutes.

Some players are late developers, 26 is a good age for a striker and I'd say these guys are hungry as they will undoubtedly want to make the step up in level. Give me 26 years old and 23 goals in a 'poor championship' over 32 years old and 4 goals in a poor premiership any day of the week.

He didn't set the heather alight as he simply was never given the chance to. 8 sub appearances, I believe. None of which was longer than about 12 minutes and most of which were about 4 or 5 minutes.

Some players are late developers, 26 is a good age for a striker and I'd say these guys are hungry as they will undoubtedly want to make the step up in level. Give me 26 years old and 23 goals in a 'poor championship' over 32 years old and 4 goals in a poor premiership any day of the week.

Maybe he wasn't given the chance because he was rubbish? And just say you don't know whether they are "hungry" or not. For all you know a guy like Heffernan might be the hungriest out of all of them to prove himself after a poor season. You are just guessing, based on absolutely nothing.

Anyway, that's not to say I would be adverse to giving guys like Loy or Hemmings a chance, as long as they were cheap. If we signed them I'd hope they do well, but they are every bit as much a gamble as a proven SPL goalscorer at 32.

All the players mentioned here are not good enough to move us to being a top 6 team. Heffernan isn't good enough and proved that at hibs... hemmings from what I have seen has had a couple of good games and that's it , if he was that good bigger clubs would be in and we would lose out on wages. In my opinion going back to older players like Carey and Cregg is a step in the wrong direction.. surely we want a new start with players who bring something different to the team and not something we have tried and failed at in the past??

All the players mentioned here are not good enough to move us to being a top 6 team. Heffernan isn't good enough and proved that at hibs... hemmings from what I have seen has had a couple of good games and that's it , if he was that good bigger clubs would be in and we would lose out on wages. In my opinion going back to older players like Carey and Cregg is a step in the wrong direction.. surely we want a new start with players who bring something different to the team and not something we have tried and failed at in the past??

One big thing next season is how much reliance we have on the loan market. This season was probably where we relied on it more than actually signing people and it didn't work as well as hoped with Caprice, Bahokken et al.

Rory Loy got 20 goals in the championship last year, could be worth a punt. A lot of strikers tend to hit form at his age when they've grown up a bit and realised that they aren't superstars and need to work hard.

We have had plenty guys score about 20 in the first division that usually translates into about 5-6 in the premier. Stuart Kean, Yards, etc.

If it's a back up, then I'd much rather we went for a young, hungry lad with something to prove like Rory Loy or Kane Hemmings. Not a washed up diddy looking for one last payday.

In short, for Paul Heffernan, read Dennis Wyness, Jim Hamilton, Sam Parkin and the aforementioned Mr Dargo. It's high time we stopped going down this route of signing players cos they used to score goals back in nineteen canteen.

So we shouldn't have signed Steven Thompson then?

I think Loy is under contract for another year.

I also read somewhere that he was suffering from a virus when he was with us before and that's why he didn't feature much.