Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Not surprised we aren't offering a contract to Mevlija yet. He certainly hasn't done enough in either of the friendlies to earn one.

I havn´t seen us yet this season (I hate pre-season games) do you think he's done enough to keep us interested or would you just cut him loose ?

I havn´t seen us yet this season (I hate pre-season games) do you think he's done enough to keep us interested or would you just cut him loose ?

Only seen him on Saturday. Didn't see enough to make an honest decision as he wasn't tested too much

From what I've seen - 180 minutes against two lower league teams - I don't think he's of the required standard, he's certainly not better than what we have. He looks slow and despite being very tall he lost several aerial battles against the big Albion Rovers striker and Andy Barrowman on Saturday.

Obviously hard to make a judgement based on that, but he joined the club on the same day as Caldwell. Ross got a contract quickly and he still hasn't got one, and I can see why Tommy's unsure.

On paper the game against Cowdenbeath tomorrow will be our toughest test yet. Would certainly play him in that and then make a decision. If he's still not going to be signed after 4 weeks training and 3 preseason games then we should cut him loose, no point taking him to England when we could be looking at alternatives IMO.

Caldwell is back up and is young enough to possibly improve. I would have thought we are looking for a first-choice CB.

Mevlja has only just turned 24, still plenty of time for him to reach his potential.

I fear we'll take Darren Barr.

you want me to wait quarter of a season to make judgement on a player we haven't even signed?!

even more strange is why someone would be so defensive about a signing we haven't even made!

You are being critical of the manager and certain players at every turn before a ball has been kicked in earnest. Only two pre-season games played so far of which we have won and not conceded. So what I am saying is wait till well into the season before making judgment on everyone from the manager right down to the wee lassie serving pies at halftime

You are being critical of the manager and certain players at every turn before a ball has been kicked in earnest. Only two pre-season games played so far of which we have won and not conceded. So what I am saying is wait till well into the season before making judgment on everyone from the manager right down to the wee lassie serving pies at halftime

deary me, u really r desperate for my attention!

having a pop at me about my comments on a player who doesn't play for us and who r manager hadn't signed!

shows the lengths your happy clapping os going to when u start defending signings we haven't even made :1eye

and which players have i been critical of? Go on, name just one...

i don't want us to sign Clarkson. Why on earth cant i voice my opinion. For all u know tc may not want him either.

clown!

I thought he'd done just as well as Caldwell in the matches he played in. Maybe Caldwell's shown a bit extra in training.

Hopefully TC has an alternative in mind..

I thought he did well enough on Saturday, considering it's a preseason friendly albeit against lower league opposition.