Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The The did well to sign Marr up when he was a free agent.

"If you can't please yourself, you can't please your soul." Bunch of wankers.....

Johnson lost his way a bit after the brilliant Soul Mining and Infected.

Anyway....Callum Ball?

Seems quite a young squad we are putting together , and there seems to be quite good banter between them on twitter , which might be quite a good thing when trying to attract younger players to the club , who might chose us ahead of other clubs because they will be involved in the first team squad on a daily basis .

Quite liking the squad we are putting together , and hopefully when the squad is complete , there will be sufficient cover for all positions , and we will have a few different options if plan A isn,t working.

bring on the new season

hoping some of this speculation regarding new signings comes to fruition.

Seems quite a young squad we are putting together , and there seems to be quite good banter between them on twitter , which might be quite a good thing when trying to attract younger players to the club , who might chose us ahead of other clubs because they will be involved in the first team squad on a daily basis .

Quite liking the squad we are putting together , and hopefully when the squad is complete , there will be sufficient cover for all positions , and we will have a few different options if plan A isn,t working.

bring on the new season

hoping some of this speculation regarding new signings comes to fruition.

I agree.

There is something hugely refreshing (and exciting) about embarking on a season with a squad largely made up of young players who look eager to get in and about the league, as opposed to the usual suspects like Harkins and Grainger who have been round the block and seem content just to coast along on a decent wage without having to turn it on when they take to the field. These young players are all in the early stages of their careers, and will be keen to impress and aim for bigger things in due course. Back them up with a few solid, experienced pros who know the club and know their status and roles at St Mirren, and we have a recipe for moving things forward in a positive way.

I'm starting to get a bit of a buzz about the forthcoming season!

Maybe you might get a season ticket to support the new regime?

Go on Drew. You know it makes sense.

No point now, mate (as I have pointed out previously).

All the folk I would sit with are established in their own ST seats, and there are no spare seats round about them, so I would be sitting on my tod.

At least paying at the gate affords me the flexibility to roam around when I take the notion. Granted, I could buy a ST and try to sit in the closest empty seat to where my mates are (which is effectively what I do now, and I sometimes get lucky), but that would limit which stand I can sit in.

It just doesn't really make sense for me now, which is why I was keen to see the club looking at other options such as the card that can be loaded with matches for a very modest discount, and which would let me pay up front to the benefit of both the club, and myself. That idea seems to have died on its arse, however.

ETA: I can, however, see myself getting to more away matches this season. Last year, it was, with the odd exception, mainly cup games and the post-split matches that I travelled to.

Edited by Drew

I too am pumped for the season. Money permitting, I'll definitely try to get to more games this season. TBH, it's a huge shame (for me) that there's no Embra game this year.

On the young kids, I think Hughes and Brown both look the part. You wouldn't start a game with both of them, but I wouldn't complain about a midfield three of Kenny, McGinn and Hughes, for example. Front three from Caldwell, Marwood, Wylde, Thommo, Ball.

Mint.

(Still want a RM and two CHs though...)

No point now, mate (as I have pointed out previously).

All the folk I would sit with are established in their own ST seats, and there are no spare seats round about them, so I would be sitting on my tod.

At least paying at the gate affords me the flexibility to roam around when I take the notion. Granted, I could buy a ST and try to sit in the closest empty seat to where my mates are (which is effectively what I do now, and I sometimes get lucky), but that would limit which stand I can sit in.

this is why season tickets should not be seat specific( before anyones says its coz you've got a shit seat,mine is slap bang in the middle of the stand just below tv gantry) i know a few people who wont get one because they cant sit with friends and what about people with kids who are too young now but their parents want to introduce them to St.Mirren later?

If you want a good seat turn up earlier. This would also create a build up of atmosphere as it would cut out the stragglers who come in at 3.01 as their seat is guaranteed. Its no different to away games that are pay at the gate

Edited by BIG BEN

this is why season tickets should not be seat specific( before anyones says its coz you've got a shit seat,mine is slap bang in the middle of the stand just below tv gantry) i know a few people who wont get one because they cant sit with friends and what about people with kids who are too young now but their parents want to introduce them to St.Mirren later?

If you want a good seat turn up earlier. This would also create a build up of atmosphere as it would cut out the stragglers who come in at 3.01 as their seat is guaranteed. Its no different to away games that are pay at the gate

your usually 3.02

Andrew Robertson signed by Hull from Dundee United for £2.85m.

Wow.

What price McGinn and Mclean if they can have a great season in the centre of midfield and score a load of goals?

On top of this boy being a cracking player, I think his first full international cap probably added a few quid to his price. Kenny and John have little chance, at this stage of their career, getting a game in Scotland's midfield when you consider guys like McArthur and Adam can't get near a jersey.

Good performances at the start of the season would be a great start though.

Mr Zoo mentioned an article in the Metro about TC having an interest in Bolton centre half Cian Bolger, could there be anything in the story given the injury to Cheesy will keep him out for at least 6 weeks. A possible 6 month loan deal ?

Pure speculation whistling.gif

TC in the PDE today stating that other than a possible defensive addition, which he doesn't see as an urgent requirement at present, his "shopping list is all ticked off".

Although he has made similar comments already and we've signed further players.

In fairness, I think we're just about there as well, CH notwithstanding.

There's a bit of clamour for a RW/RM, but I think we'll play 4-3-3 so it won't be an issue - and Marwood can cover there if needed.

As things stand, I'm broadly very, very happy with our summer business, though of course we won't know until November how well we've really done.

In fairness, I think we're just about there as well, CH notwithstanding.

There's a bit of clamour for a RW/RM, but I think we'll play 4-3-3 so it won't be an issue - and Marwood can cover there if needed.

As things stand, I'm broadly very, very happy with our summer business, though of course we won't know until November how well we've really done.

I would have to agree with what your saying, personally I'm really happy with the business that TC has done pre season, but my gut feeling is that we might well see another one or two coming in before the opener at fir park.