Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Not sure on the standard of football in Malaysia, but 23 goals in 26 games is a good return in any league.

"In late 2013, Mehmet signed for Malaysian Premier League club Kedah FA for the 2014 Malaysia Premier League season.[23] He made an immediate impact for his new team, scoring six goals in his first four games and being awarded the club's Player of the Month award.[24] Mehmet finished the first league season at Kedah as the Premier League's top goal scorer in all competitions with 23 goals in 26 games.[citation needed] Mehmet also led the way with assists, setting up his team mates 13 times.[citation needed]"

Short memories for some. A player of the Marmite kind for fans.

Billy was a decent pro and worked his socks off for us but simply put, was not prolific enough. I have no idea what the Malaysian league is like but would wager it is lower than our SPFL standard.

If he was to come I would fully support him. Personally, I think our defence needs sorting to stem the goals we are losing every week and midfield to supply the chances for any of our strikers.

Thinking outside the box (sic) - he was a good footballer and a big guy who could look after himself (presumably without the need for elbows) I always thought midfield was a better position for him than striker then again we'd probably be better looking for someone who's experienced in that role.

Don't really expect it to happen but it might be fun to pit him against Thommo in our own version of Strictly Come Dancing...............

Edited by Bud the Baker

Short memories for some. A player of the Marmite kind for fans.

Billy was a decent pro and worked his socks off for us but simply put, was not prolific enough. I have no idea what the Malaysian league is like but would wager it is lower than our SPFL standard.

If he was to come I would fully support him. Personally, I think our defence needs sorting to stem the goals we are losing every week and midfield to supply the chances for any of our strikers.

I have good memories of Mehmet. Always dangerous around the box.

We do need to firm up the defense - but having a decent striker could take some of the pressure off them. The fact that he's not got a club is a bonus - especially when he's been playing regularly in Malaysia. Should be more or less match fit if we did manage to sign him.

He's been favouriting a number of Saints fans Tweets today which suggests he is somewhat keen on a return to Paisley.

Edited by Doakes

46 goals at just under 1:3 puts Mehmet up with most of our strikers of recent times. In other words he was a double figures a season man which is something I think all our current squad bar Thommo will struggle to make so no one could complain if we did move for him but I doubt it will happen.

Mehmet would be a tremendous signing.

I spoke to him at the ground last season and he was really keen to come back then.

We should at least be making enquiries.

Was there that night also told him will never for get that goal against Hearts in the cup at Motherwell. What a goal that was.

BRING HIM BACK