Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I always liked Mehmet, his scoring record wasn't brilliant, but I can guarantee none of the SPL centre backs would look forward to playing against him. Always a handful, very intelligent and capable of something special now and then. He's a very good all round footballer, and, I always said when he was with us, if he was a better finished he'd have never been playing with us in the first place. In short...If we get the chance to sign him, we should jump at it...

I think Billy would do exceptionally well against teams the defences in the current SPL , and would get a decent goals per games return , and would also team up well with the Hawk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mallans goal has certainly raised Saints profile , wonder if it will generate further interest in the sale of the club , and either accelerate the sale of the club , bring another potential buyer to the table.

It's more likely to generate interest in buying Mallan than interest in buying St Mirren!

It's more likely to generate interest in buying Mallan than interest in buying St Mirren!

It was a fabulous goal and as some have said , if that was in England or Spain the coverage would be immense.

Great determination , skill , accuracy.

However , it's 1 goal , every team usually gets 1 cracker , ours was a Xmas cracker.

When players start getting 15+ then we can expect interest. I think he will need to be putting in a few more shifts in the 'shop window' before we can truly assess his consistency , great start though :)

McLean & McGinn were 'touted' as hot property , no queue yet for them but as some have said , I think tying these youngsters into longer deals will be good for them and the club.

The disappointing thing is , 1 month or 5 years left , we don't seem to command an appropriate fee compared to other clubs : ie; Hamilton , Falkirk , Dundee United etc who have negotiated good deals.

Edited by whydowebother

It was a fabulous goal and as some have said , if that was in England or Spain the coverage would be immense.

Great determination , skill , accuracy.

However , it's 1 goal , every team usually gets 1 cracker , ours was a Xmas cracker.

When players start getting 15+ then we can expect interest. I think he will need to be putting in a few more shifts in the 'shop window' before we can truly assess his consistency , great start though smile.png

McLean & McGinn were 'touted' as hot property , no queue yet for them but as some have said , I think tying these youngsters into longer deals will be good for them and the club.

The disappointing thing is , 1 month or 5 years left , we don't seem to command an appropriate fee compared to other clubs : ie; Hamilton , Falkirk , Dundee United etc who have negotiated good deals.

Already been viewed close to 4 Million times on the web !!!!!! is that enough for you???