Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Today's Sun claims we have a closed door game today and will have a number of trialists, including former Plymouth defender Maxime Blanchard: http://maximeblanchard.com/

Same page has a big interview with Allan Russell who is trying to get a club back in Scotland. There's a picture of him in what I think is the current Saints training kit (has Carbrini logos on it) - dunno if he's just training with us or we're looking to sign him.

The Model had ability but only seemed able to show it when his contract was up for renewal. Seem to remember that he spent a lot of time out of the team. Ended up getting a move down south.

Imagine him & big Thommo up front. Opposing defenders would be awe struck bootyshake.gif

Certainly is in Football Manager, decent signing for most clubs if you want a squad player. The real question is whether or not he's the next Mark Kerr. At last we're looking at a centre back though.

Bit late to just be looking, we should of had players lined up and ready to come in.

Bit late to just be looking, we should of had players lined up and ready to come in.

Yes, but then I wouldn't trust anyone who was directly involved in scouting Ball etc. Obviously, i've no idea how involved Teale was or if TC had complete control. I've also no idea which scouts/agents/contacts TC went through. Having them lined up would have been tough, let's face it nobody else in Scotland has really done much. Even tougher asking a player to sign for a manager who may leave/become assistant for a club that may then also change ownership. As for contracted players, I'm not sure how many discussions could have legally been had prior to January 1st. Agents would have been involved, but it would have been Tommy who'd have made initial contact and Gary will have changed that. What I've seen elsewhere is a striker who was playing at a club that was skint and a foreign lad who has had a fair few clubs already...yet fans are holding them up as examples of what we should be doing.

Main worry at the moment, case in point being Maxime, is that we'll be offered players who have been out of contract since May, freed recently due to being out of favour or quite a way out their first team squad at the moment. Without investment (foreigners, booo, get the pitch forks out) then we certainly won't be paying anything.

Can someone explain why our competitors are completing signings why we piss about with like pre season bounce matches weighing up trialists.God you could not make up this total utter fiasco.

No you could, clubs the length of Britan will be having bounce matches at the moment to do just as we are. As for "completing signings", one lad scores for Ross County and woooo it's all hands to the bullshit. Just remind us all what Stewart Kean did in his first few matches or how long we waited before chanting "sign him, sign him" at Paeslack. Last thing we need is someone, like Tom Hendrie seemed to, answering phone calls from agents with "we'll take him" before he'd even asked the agent his name.

I work with an agent, there's a hell of lot of shit out there. Indeed, he's just back in the office so if you want I'll ask him to take on the next lad from Eastern Europe who has hit 3 in 27 over 3 seasons and wants 2,400 a week then get him to phone Teale to demand he signs him to make you happy.

Can someone explain why our competitors are completing signings why we piss about with like pre season bounce matches weighing up trialists.God you could not make up this total utter fiasco.

There is uncertainty over who will be appointed manager,if there is any money to sign players and who will be in control of the club come end of the month.

No you could, clubs the length of Britan will be having bounce matches at the moment to do just as we are. As for "completing signings", one lad scores for Ross County and woooo it's all hands to the bullshit. Just remind us all what Stewart Kean did in his first few matches or how long we waited before chanting "sign him, sign him" at Paeslack. Last thing we need is someone, like Tom Hendrie seemed to, answering phone calls from agents with "we'll take him" before he'd even asked the agent his name.

I work with an agent, there's a hell of lot of shit out there. Indeed, he's just back in the office so if you want I'll ask him to take on the next lad from Eastern Europe who has hit 3 in 27 over 3 seasons and wants 2,400 a week then get him to phone Teale to demand he signs him to make you happy.

You have to admit tho we in particular are in a very worrying situation , joint bottom of the league , TC has left us with an awful squad wafer thin squad and we have decreased that further by letting the two Man city boys go back , so I would say we are in a pretty desperate situation and I think we as supporters have every right to wonder WTF is going on.....

You have to admit tho we in particular are in a very worrying situation , joint bottom of the league , TC has left us with an awful squad wafer thin squad and we have decreased that further by letting the two Man city boys go back , so I would say we are in a pretty desperate situation and I think we as supporters have every right to wonder WTF is going on.....

I do admit it. I also question the statement by SG that we were only 1 squad slot down from last seasons budget. The squad we have now compared to even last season is night and day, to the point where you're sat at a game thinking "change it" but there's no point as the bench is kids or failed signings.

Right, here's one...

Wee Nigel is looking for a club, discuss!

Exciting wee player, but let down by a suspect attitude and temperament. He's still the one guy who could get me off my seat when he was in the mood.

In summary, a fast, strong and direct wee sh*te!