Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I would bring back Nigel H in a minute. Direct, confident and scores goals. No brainer.

Hamilton: played 27, scored 3

Saints: played 32, scored 6

Fakes: played 66, scored 12

That's 21 goals in 125 SPL games...

We already have Marwood and Ball who are shite strikers so I think we can do without Nigel...

We already have Marwood and Ball who are shite strikers so I think we can do without Nigel...

Would not only score a few goals , but would set up a few , and take some pressure off the defence going on them mazy runs when he gets the ball , Id have him in a minute , a few good players about during this transfer window , lets try and get a couple of them at least until the end of the season.

Would not only score a few goals , but would set up a few , and take some pressure off the defence going on them mazy runs when he gets the ball , Id have him in a minute , a few good players about during this transfer window , lets try and get a couple of them at least until the end of the season.

I wouldn't touch him, I don't think he would be willing to get stuck in and fight for the win, he seems to me like the kind of player who is ok when things are going well, but will disappear when the chips are down, that's the last thing we need just now...we need fighters in the team and that's just not Nigel

Marwood, Ball, Reilly and Caldwell have scored TWO league goals between the four of them in about 70 combined appearances so Nigel's ratio is a lot better than what we have.

Marwood, Ball, Reilly and Caldwell have scored TWO league goals between the four of them in about 70 combined appearances so Nigel's ratio is a lot better than what we have.

Just because what TC left us with is utter dross doesn't mean we should compare prospective strikers to them, I would rather compare them to fact Thommo has scored 48 goals in 112 appearances for us. We need to try and get someone who will give us a return more like that.

Problem is the best thing Nigel does is run at defences and cause them problems, only to square it in the middle for Marwood/Ball/Reilly (delete as appropriate) to make an arse of it. We need someone who will put the ball in the net..

I see former Hearts player Ryan McGowan is looking for a club in Scotland after a spell in China. Seem to remember when he moved there was talk he'd end up at Rangers within a year but obviously that won't be happening. Worth a punt? Think he can play in defence or midfield.

Hasselbaink might be worth a shot.

I see former Hearts player Ryan McGowan is looking for a club in Scotland after a spell in China. Seem to remember when he moved there was talk he'd end up at Rangers within a year but obviously that won't be happening. Worth a punt? Think he can play in defence or midfield.

He was on a ridiculously high wage in china from what i remember

McGowan was decent and so was his brother

He will end up back down under

McGowan was decent and so was his brother

He will end up back down under

Brilliant second sentence, windae cleaner! smile.png

I would never have believed that a sentence ending in FOUR prepositions could have made sense.

But it does! Made my day!

Ta for that! smile.png

Edited by bluto