Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I heard from some who knows Jason Naismith's dad that Jason is currently talking to Sheffield Wednesday about a possible move.

He has a year left on his contract but knowing our board we will negotiate him leaving for a bag of chips.

A bag of chips? At least we can re-sign Ball then.

Going by the PFA Scotland website plenty of Motherwell players have been told to do one. Simon Ramsden, Stuart Carswell, Iain Vigurs and Paul Lawson are all up for grabs. Dunno if we'd be able to afford them - dunno if I'd want Ramsden actually as their defence has been brutal for the last two seasons.

Frazer Wright also available from St Johnstone.

Edited by Stu

Going by the PFA Scotland website plenty of Motherwell players have been told to do one. Simon Ramsden, Stuart Carswell, Iain Vigurs and Paul Lawson are all up for grabs. Dunno if we'd be able to afford them - dunno if I'd want Ramsden actually as their defence has been brutal for the last two seasons.

Frazer Wright also available from St Johnstone.

Depends what options he's got, but Frazer Wright could be a Kevin McGowne type signing. He's a big, strong, no nonsense centre half (i.e. a horrible b*st*rd), who realises his limitations and doesn't fanny about. Probably would be captain material as well.

I've always liked Vigurs, but he's had a back injury and hasn't played much this year so the jury must be out on him fitness wise. We can't afford to carry any passengers amongst the senior pros next season, but, if fit, he'd provide a creative spark in midfield and be a right good player at Championship level. A Paul McGowan type - not as good in possession, but scores more goals and without the anger management issues!

Depends what options he's got, but Frazer Wright could be a Kevin McGowne type signing. He's a big, strong, no nonsense centre half (i.e. a horrible b*st*rd), who realises his limitations and doesn't fanny about. Probably would be captain material as well.

I've always liked Vigurs, but he's had a back injury and hasn't played much this year so the jury must be out on him fitness wise. We can't afford to carry any passengers amongst the senior pros next season, but, if fit, he'd provide a creative spark in midfield and be a right good player at Championship level. A Paul McGowan type - not as good in possession, but scores more goals and without the anger management issues!

I'd take Wright. He does the job and i would imagine at this stage in his career his demands would not be too hard to deal with.

Some good shouts. You look at what's available and it doesn't look impossible to build a pretty good squad of 15 or so with plenty talent, experience and grit. Add a decent manager and we could be laughing.

As opposed to being laughed at!

I'm yet to be convinced the Board have any intention to bite the bullet and spend money to speculate. If they don't we won't get anywhere near enough of a spine to assist the young lads.

As opposed to being laughed at!

I'm yet to be convinced the Board have any intention to bite the bullet and spend money to speculate. If they don't we won't get anywhere near enough of a spine to assist the young lads.

Spend money to speculate? You really think we should do that? What if we spend money and don't go up...?

Thankfully the BOD won't be putting the club at risk by doing that. As is the correct way to run any football club, we won't be spending money we don't have.

Spend money to speculate? You really think we should do that? What if we spend money and don't go up...?

Thankfully the BOD won't be putting the club at risk by doing that. As is the correct way to run any football club, we won't be spending money we don't have.

Then, without investing in a good experienced spine to help the kids, we will be playing safe and going in the opposite direction.

Hope you'll enjoy next season's play offs as we try to stave off double relegation.

I'm pretty sure we won't go up next season - we would need a massive turn around in form for that to happen and I just can't see it. Top half would be more like it. Though if Rangers, Morton, hibs, Falkirk are all in the league, we might well end up with a higher avg attendance than this season.