Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

We signed Frank from Ra*gers........the Kilsyth ones.

Correct ........ Kilsyth Rangers player ....... signed after playing against Reykjavík, think he scored two .............. met up with my old School Teacher who was the Manager of Reykjavík at the time.... Joe Gilroy ............. 5 players from the under 16 team picked that night ...... 4 played, I never .... Hammy Campell, Brian Docherty, Billy Abercrombe, Kenny McAllister. ............. Hammy and i got released went to Ferguslie Utd .......... Think Kenny lasted a couple of seasons, ..... Billy & Brain well histroy tells thier story!

Correct ........ Kilsyth Rangers player ....... signed after playing against Reykjavík, think he scored two .............. met up with my old School Teacher who was the Manager of Reykjavík at the time.... Joe Gilroy ............. 5 players from the under 16 team picked that night ...... 4 played, I never .... Hammy Campell, Brian Docherty, Billy Abercrombe, Kenny McAllister. ............. Hammy and i got released went to Ferguslie Utd .......... Think Kenny lasted a couple of seasons, ..... Billy & Brain well histroy tells thier story!

Hammy Campbell was a great player.His brother Rab((?) could also kick a baw.

Hammy certainly was but it was Rab that mad it Professional and I remeber the day dumbarton beat us in the Scottish Cup and Rab played a blinder

One of the the only few mistakes Hammy made was giving away a penalty agaisnt Cowal in the last minute in the semi final of the Scottish cup to knock us (Ferguslie Utd) out.

One of the the only few mistakes Hammy made was giving away a penalty agaisnt Cowal in the last minute in the semi final of the Scottish cup to knock us (Ferguslie Utd) out.

I remember Langs(Sunday League) playing in a Scottish Cup Final at Benburb the day after the 87 Cup Final.That team was like a P+D select with players from Craigilee Star,Ralston Utd and Peerless running the show.Let's see......a few Cochranes,The Campbells,Brian McLatchie,Norrie Grant,Alan Murray,Tam Brady and lots more that you'll probably remember their names.Wee Raymie Dalglish was Manager and being CID he quite often would have to rescue a player from Mill St to play in a Sunday game.

Good days.........but hardly speculation!!!!

I remember Langs(Sunday League) playing in a Scottish Cup Final at Benburb the day after the 87 Cup Final.That team was like a P+D select with players from Craigilee Star,Ralston Utd and Peerless running the show.Let's see......a few Cochranes,The Campbells,Brian McLatchie,Norrie Grant,Alan Murray,Tam Brady and lots more that you'll probably remember their names.Wee Raymie Dalglish was Manager and being CID he quite often would have to rescue a player from Mill St to play in a Sunday game.

Good days.........but hardly speculation!!!!

Played against some of them all and along side a few others. A few got the chance and didi mange to get the ball past me! One of the finest players never to get a gig in Professional footbal back then was Robbie Young who played for Peerless

Not according to the Falkirk fans who watched him week in week out at this level he's not.

Indeed one of their fans said they'd be 'delighted' if he signed for us.

I would take what Falkirk fans say with a pinch of salt, most of them still believe Falkirk are a bigger club than St.mirren.

Macdonald would be a good signing fot most teams in the championship.

I would take what Falkirk fans say with a pinch of salt, most of them still believe Falkirk are a bigger club than St.mirren.

Macdonald would be a good signing fot most teams in the championship.

Well they watch him every week at that level and you don't.

I will take their opinion of him with far more credence than I will take yours.

Having seen young Dan Wilks playing for the development side, I think he's a better keeper than either Ridgers or McDonald. Obviously he's not got any experience of first team football, but he's definitely got great potential.

As for McDonald I can't see him signing as a back up for Ridgers. I expect Ian Murray would be telling him that they would both be fighting for the jersey.

I reckon there's not much between them ability wise.