Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

It seems the Fakes want shot of him, although the O'Halloran thing could be a problem.

Time for an old transfer rumour favourite - Ryan Stevenson has been released by Thistle. Dunno if we can sign him given he's also played for Ayr.

Stevenson going to Ayr for rest of season. Can't go anywhere else on the two club rule. Also getting some media work I think.

From a football perspective, I can understand why that two-club rule exists, but it sounds utterly barmy from a non-expert employment point of view.

I bet if the European Courts took even a passing look at that it'd be scrapped very quickly.

Seems ridiculous that a guy who makes a handful of appearances for us and one cup appearance for Killie on an emergency loan isn't allowed to play for anyone else this season.

Aidan Connolly from dundee united has been released. He could be worth a shot..

Good Shout. Cracking young player with bags of ability. Might be put off playing with Goodwin, If you remember. Goodwin elbowed him a belter at Tannadice...

Hopefully that doesnt put him off as he is a player who could make a difference in midfield

Seems we offered Darren Barr a contract but he rejected it to stay with Dumbarton until the end of the season.

A Dumbarton season ticket holder in my work says he's absolutely rotten.

Maybe he would benefit from going full time again, but sounds like we've probably dodged a bullet there.

Guy in my work reckons we've made enquiries about a loan move for Nicky Clark, but Sevco won't do a deal until they bring in another forward. Unlikely to happen anyway as there are Premiership teams interested apparently. Feck knows why, he's a bit pish.

Edit: should add that the guy in my work is an ex-sport journalist, wouldn't post this if it was just a randomer.

Edited by ulysses

Guy in my work reckons we've made enquiries about a loan move for Nicky Clark, but Sevco won't do a deal until they bring in another forward. Unlikely to happen anyway as there are Premiership teams interested apparently. Feck knows why, he's a bit pish.

Edit: should add that the guy in my work is an ex-sport journalist, wouldn't post this if it was just a randomer.

Nicky Clark would a great signing , scored a barrowload for QOS and would do so for us too. Yet another young player wasted at Ibrox !

Would you like your whoosh gift wrapped.

I was alluding to the fact that the Championship is where Dufc are heading pdq & they dont see him as being part of next seasons promotion bid.

I know what you where alluding to they ain't relegated yet it's January they could still stay up which they will be trying to do it's only January 14 points behind with a game in hand.

There decision to release him will have nothing to do with if they think he's not good enough for the championship.

Regarding Connolly he's never performed at full time level despite plenty of chances with United.

One goal in thirty one appearances over three seasons for a striker, no wonder he's been punted. He might be good enough for the Championship but there's really no way of knowing. He's not the kind of player i think we need at this stage.

Guest TPAFKATS

Aidan Connolly from dundee united has been released. He could be worth a shot..

Seemed full of promise when he moved to United. Worth a short term deal to end of season?

One of many they picked up from Queens Park, was he not the one who Goodwin smacked at Tannadice?

Edited by TPAFKATS

I know what you where alluding to they ain't relegated yet it's January they could still stay up which they will be trying to do it's only January 14 points behind with a game in hand.

There decision to release him will have nothing to do with if they think he's not good enough for the championship.

So , why do you think he was released ?

United are in shit creek , even their chairman has started to talk of what would happen if they should go down..... something he has been very reluctant to do before now.

The player has had his crack at the big time & cant hack it.

Is he the sort of player Utd would want to help them fight their way out of this league ? I very much doubt it . So he will end up being a superstar for Ayr utd or another of that ilk .

United are planning for a worst case scenario & hoping for a miracle

Edited by Callum Gilhooley