Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Better days lie ahead. I'll put my head on the block and say we are at the very bottom of the curve right now.

Some interesting days ahead.

Too deep for this time of night. I'll think about it tomorrow!

OK, it's tomorrow and I've thought about it and I'm still no further forward. is it just the SMISA thing which is surely subjective. Div's statement seems more objective than that. New player? New players? Did his Euromillions numbers come up on Friday (checked - no winner so it can't be that). No I need more information before I can rest easy on this. Spill the beans, Div.

Rocco Quinn suggested when he signed that exciting times were coming. I took it as the usual stuff new signings say. However Coupled with Div's comments, maybe there was more to it. I won't believe anything until Lovestreet tells us he knows more

PM Sent.........

Expect new players to arrive this week and one to leave.

I've been sort of expecting this to happen every week since the window opened.

Just be our luck for Goodwin or Mallan to be one of the players leaving. As for the others who in their right mind would want them?

Wouldn't be overly surprised if McMullan was sent back to Celtic. Subbed after about an hour against Morton, at half-time against Thistle then benched on Saturday and for the cancelled game against Raith. Pity as he had two assists in Rae's first two games but he's not been the same player since he was assaulted against Falkirk (and he was blowing hot and cold up to that point anyway).

Expect new players to arrive this week and one to leave.

With our history two trainees on loan from Celtic/EPL/English Championship followed by Mallan out the door at 5pm on deadline day with no chance to bring anyone in barring all the dross that didn't have a club when the window closes like Gow and Genev.

I'd hang on to McMullan, hasn't been

in the best of form recently, but I think he has the potential to be a match winner when he plays well. We don't have many players like that at he moment, I'd be reluctant to let one walk away.

I would agree with that against Morton at the start of the season he looked impressive then had the shit kicked out him, and then against Falkirk Peter Grant really should have seen red for the assault on him which was a horrendous tackle. If we can somehow fit him into a central free role he could cause teams real problems like Gowser did just ahead of the midfield but if we go 442 then he has to play out wide. About the only player bar Callum Gallacher that is capable of beating someone with pace.

I'd hang on to McMullan, hasn't been

in the best of form recently, but I think he has the potential to be a match winner when he plays well. We don't have many players like that at he moment, I'd be reluctant to let one walk away.

Where do you get that from? When has he ever shown that potential? I just do not get the reluctance to get rid of McMullan. He offers us nothing. His crossing is non existent and he is lazy and lightweight.

McMullan is fast but he should take up athletics instead of football. He has been dropped because of his poor work-rate and ineffectiveness and I cannot think of one game except 35 mins againsrt Falkirk where I thought he had something to offer. He has turned into the new Marc Corcoran. One decent game (in McMullan's case only 35 mins) and we keep playing him with no benefits in the forlorn hope he can replicate it and he never has.

Give Morgan a chance.

Where do you get that from? When has he ever shown that potential? I just do not get the reluctance to get rid of McMullan. He offers us nothing. His crossing is non existent and he is lazy and lightweight.

McMullan is fast but he should take up athletics instead of football. He has been dropped because of his poor work-rate and ineffectiveness and I cannot think of one game except 35 mins againsrt Falkirk where I thought he had something to offer. He has turned into the new Marc Corcoran. One decent game (in McMullan's case only 35 mins) and we keep playing him with no benefits in the forlorn hope he can replicate it and he never has.

Give Morgan a chance.

Have to agree. I'm not really seeing it either. If he was offering something more than our own young players, then there could be an argument for keeping him, but, if anything, he is keeping lads who seem at least as able out of the team.