Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I'd hang on to McMullan, hasn't been

in the best of form recently, but I think he has the potential to be a match winner when he plays well. We don't have many players like that at he moment, I'd be reluctant to let one walk away.

I wouldn't. He no where near good enough to start and although he could come good so could Morgan, Mclear or McAllister.

I was watched Morton last night, and was struck by how much energy and pace they have in their team. It's obviously not the answer to everything as they're still shite, but they've got 2 full backs who get forward and take people on, two wide men who are keen to run at defenders and McManus roaming about up front with pace and eager to have a go. That caused Rangers problems at times.

Our squad is full of players who prefer to pass backwards and sideways to keep possession. We generally lack players with pace and the confidence to take someone on. Gallagher, McMullen and Morgan are the only players in the squad that seem willing to try and beat a man. I understand what folk are saying re some/many of McMullen's performances so far, but I think we need more pace and more players willing to cause the opposition problems not less.

I was watched Morton last night, and was struck by how much energy and pace they have in their team. It's obviously not the answer to everything as they're still shite, but they've got 2 full backs who get forward and take people on, two wide men who are keen to run at defenders and McManus roaming about up front with pace and eager to have a go. That caused Rangers problems at times.

Our squad is full of players who prefer to pass backwards and sideways to keep possession. We generally lack players with pace and the confidence to take someone on. Gallagher, McMullen and Morgan are the only players in the squad that seem willing to try and beat a man. I understand what folk are saying re some/many of McMullen's performances so far, but I think we need more pace and more players willing to cause the opposition problems not less.

I appreciate what you are saying, but think McMullan tends to retreat into his shell too readily. He'll have a burst forward, then will go missing for 20 minutes.

I'm possibly being a bit unfair, as I haven't seen him play that often, but we need players with heart, and I think he lacks the drive required just now.

Edited by Drew