Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

As far back as August, having seen McMullan play twice, I knew he was useless and ought to be sent back whence he came. I said that at the time.

I`m also a bit surprised at how many on here are saying theres an improvement since Alex Rae has been manager. His record does not bear that out, I`m afraid.

Although I`ve made it plain I wont be going to any more games, I still have the team at heart and it pains me to see what a shambles has been created. Its to their credit that fans are still prepared to attend matches and it would be nice if even one decent player was signed in the remaining 5 days or so of the transfer window.

I dont thik it will happen though.

I was watched Morton last night, and was struck by how much energy and pace they have in their team. It's obviously not the answer to everything as they're still shite, but they've got 2 full backs who get forward and take people on, two wide men who are keen to run at defenders and McManus roaming about up front with pace and eager to have a go. That caused Rangers problems at times.

Our squad is full of players who prefer to pass backwards and sideways to keep possession. We generally lack players with pace and the confidence to take someone on. Gallagher, McMullen and Morgan are the only players in the squad that seem willing to try and beat a man. I understand what folk are saying re some/many of McMullen's performances so far, but I think we need more pace and more players willing to cause the opposition problems not less.

The team in general lack genuine pace with only two young inexperienced wingers in McMullan and Morgan with the ability to take players on and get some decent deliveries into the box.

Rae really wants another centre half in, so wouldn't surprise me if McCracken was on his shortlist - might not be his first pick, mind.

Desperately need some wide men in, or at least a creative midfielder. Our biggest problem (in my opinion) is our service to the striker(s). It's horrific. We can be solid and hard to beat but without putting up a decent fight in the attack we have no chance.

I'm available to play JJ, how about you ??? We could hardly be worse than some of the dross put out this Season.. We would at least show some fight....

I keep telling myself we are about to turn a corner and pick up but it never happens sadly. Surely only a matter of time before things get better. Edited by JJ McG