Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I think Watson is going to be the centre half to partner Webster to the end of the season. And we have Baird, Goodwin and Kelly who can all cover.

Irvine will play right back until until Jason is fit then I imagine he will compete for left or right back slots.

All the players Rae has signed are to the end of this season with Irvine having another year as an option.

All sensible stuff. The big rebuild will come in the summer. Hopefully we can now kick on and finish the season strongly and who knows, maybe even win a home game just for the craic.

You were doing fine until you mentioned HOME WIN. That's taking it too far.

why do u keep following me around on here? I think your an absolute prick and I'm not one bit interested in anything u say...

I certainly AM a prick but right now, unlike you, I am a prick who is not having my entire arse handed to me on a plate by the forum owner.

What kind of utter twat comes to a forum and tells the owner to pipe down?

Hilarious.

I certainly AM a prick but right now, unlike you, I am a prick who is not having my entire arse handed to me on a plate by the forum owner.

Hilarious.

im not to big to say I made a c**t of it, unlike u who is just a c**t full stop...

Hilarious.

will u ever leave me alone? Seriously ur obsession is getting worrying...pathetic sad individual...

im not to big to say I made a c**t of it, unlike u who is just a c**t full stop...

With me admitting to being a prick and you admitting to being a c**t we have the ingredients for a night of passion.

Our children would be hideous but at least they would have my intelligence.

With me admitting to being a prick and you admitting to being a c**t we have the ingredients for a night of passion.

Our children would be hideous but at least they would have my intelligence.

In my opinion the evidence for inherited intelligence is limited. I've conducted four case studies

Rae said after the game today he's looking to get a few more players out on loan which may free the cash for someone else. Guessing you're looking at the likes of Cuddihy, Stewart and Morgan being sent out - none of them on the bench today. McGrath's another option.

He also said we've got rid of five and brought in four this month but I can only think of four departures - Conlan, Ridgers, Reid and sending McLear out on loan.

Also heard someone suggesting that if Aberdeen don't get another striker before the window shuts they'll recall Shankland unsure.png

Rae said after the game today he's looking to get a few more players out on loan which may free the cash for someone else. Guessing you're looking at the likes of Cuddihy, Stewart and Morgan being sent out - none of them on the bench today. McGrath's another option.

He also said we've got rid of five and brought in four this month but I can only think of four departures - Conlan, Ridgers, Reid and sending McLear out on loan.

Also heard someone suggesting that if Aberdeen don't get another striker before the window shuts they'll recall Shankland :unsure:

As far as I'm concerned Rae's only remit in 2016 should be to arrest our slide from being a ten-year top flight major cup winning club to becoming a third-tier basket case of a club..... Keep us in this division, stop us being the next Dunfermline. That's it. Whatever he can do in January's window in regard to player movement both in and out should be geared purely to damage limitation. Stop the bleeding.

This summer, get fcuking steamed into shifting out the shite and bringing in some new blood who have a bit of talent sure, but please, a far, far, better attitude and will to win. Even a will to fight for the win.

If finances dictate loanees, then please God, guys like Conor Newton and Paul Dummet. They had a chip on their shoulder, a point to prove, and while neither player probably knew fcuk-all about St Mirren before landing here, for reasons of personal pride, and no doubt a growing pride in the club and team-mates... They gave a fcuk.

The end of season 2015/16 cannot come soon enough. I am pinning my hopes on Alex Rae being given time, serious time, some transfer windows to stamp his mark on the whole shooting match, Fitzy getting to grips with the job and engaging with the support, and a joint GLS / SMiSA bid being successful, and like Sir Fitzy of Tache.... Genuinely taking us forward with renewed enthusiasm and genuine supporter involvement.

Until then my friends, hang tight...

Edited by pozbaird

If Alex and Davie turn the club around and push us up to mid-table with such a poor squad, I doubt they'll be here long enough to worry about rebuilding.

Have to disagree. With our finances comparative to other clubs the play offs should be expected. If we don't do it Rae is absolved because of his starting position.

As far as I'm concerned Rae's only remit in 2016 should be to arrest our slide from being a ten-year top flight major cup winning club to becoming a third-tier basket case of a club..... Keep us in this division, stop us being the next Dunfermline. That's it. Whatever he can do in January's window in regard to player movement both in and out should be geared purely to damage limitation. Stop the bleeding.

This summer, get fcuking steamed into shifting out the shite and bringing in some new blood who have a bit of talent sure, but please, a far, far, better attitude and will to win. Even a will to fight for the win.

If finances dictate loanees, then please God, guys like Conor Newton and Paul Dummet. They had a chip on their shoulder, a point to prove, and while neither player probably knew fcuk-all about St Mirren before landing here, for reasons of personal pride, and no doubt a growing pride in the club and team-mates... They gave a fcuk.

The end of season 2015/16 cannot come soon enough. I am pinning my hopes on Alex Rae being given time, serious time, some transfer windows to stamp his mark on the whole shooting match, Fitzy getting to grips with the job and engaging with the support, and a joint GLS / SMiSA bid being successful, and like Sir Fitzy of Tache.... Genuinely taking us forward with renewed enthusiasm and genuine supporter involvement.

Until then my friends, hang tight...

It might their remit to keep us in the league but I'd be astonished if their aim is not to finish well clear of the play-off position at the bottom and have convinced most of those they want to keep to stay.

The remit for the rest of the season should be attempt to get into the top 4.

Rae gets one transfer window - this summer - and that's it.

In the post Bosman era you don't get a "number of transfer windows" to sort things out. Anyone who thinks you do is a fool.

St. Mirren will undoubtedly be in the 4 biggest clubs in this division next season (assuming we don't win promotion this season).

Top 4 is the very minimum I expect from Rae next season. Anything less and he should be out on his ear like Ian Murray.