Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

St Mirren manager Alex Rae has revealed that he has six weeks to find a while new squad for next season as he has 10-12 players leaving this summer. (From a newspaper I won't mention.)

Taking that at face value that's everyone who is on loan or out of contract being told to do one! Perhaps he just means there's 10-12 out of contract.

Kierran Duffy (ex Falkirk) will be with us next season, been training with us for a while, just had a knee op for a tidy up and unless there is a problem with it he will be our new right back/ right midfielder

The Falkirk fans on P&B are convinced he's "done".

We can't afford Goodwin any more. End of. We have to cut our cloth to suit. Thanks Jim, for five memorable years with a lot of highs and some lows. Best of luck wherever you end up. He's a good pro and I suspect it will be a player / coach role at a lower league club where he can plan for a future after hanging up his boots in a couple of years. I think he will stay in the game and probably make a good living out of it.

We can't afford Goodwin any more. End of. We have to cut our cloth to suit. Thanks Jim, for five memorable years with a lot of highs and some lows. Best of luck wherever you end up. He's a good pro and I suspect it will be a player / coach role at a lower league club where he can plan for a future after hanging up his boots in a couple of years. I think he will stay in the game and probably make a good living out of it.

But Dunfermline can?

But Dunfermline can?

If he signs for them, apparently they can.

I suspect that maybe Rae has chosen not to pay a large wage to Goodwin rather than us not being able to afford it.

Rae obviously thinks he can get in better than Goodwin and possibly at better value. Only time will tell whether he can.

Edited to add: According to a Dung fan on P&B, Goodwin knocked back Dunfermline.

Edited by FTOF

I doubt if any fan knows for sure about Goody. He was on an Premiership contract when we got relegated so was a high earner. Maybe he would accept a lower wage to stay in the Championship. But there has been no mention of him knocking back any offer. I do not believe any offer was ever made to him but that is speculation on my part. If no offer was made it is a big mistake in my opinion.

If he signs for them, apparently they can.

I suspect that maybe Rae has chosen not to pay a large wage to Goodwin rather than us not being able to afford it.

Rae obviously thinks he can get in better than Goodwin and possibly at better value. Only time will tell whether he can.

Edited to add: According to a Dung fan on P&B, Goodwin knocked back Dunfermline.

Jim's seemingly holding out for an offer from Jim Duffy @ ra Ton, Jim would just love that tbh tongue.png

I doubt if any fan knows for sure about Goody. He was on an Premiership contract when we got relegated so was a high earner. Maybe he would accept a lower wage to stay in the Championship. But there has been no mention of him knocking back any offer. I do not believe any offer was ever made to him but that is speculation on my part. If no offer was made it is a big mistake in my opinion.

I think all the players were on 50% wage cuts on relegation. I think Thommo mentioned it at the back end of the 2015 season.

This pisses me off big time. Getting rid of Goodwin and bringing in a gubbed player. Not signed to simsa yet this is one reason why not done it yet. Will pay my season ticket no more yet

Fan4ever, I think you need to come up with a new title.

QoS fan on P&B suggesting that we're back in for striker Gary Oliver. One also has heard that we've signed him already.

Apparently he knocked us back last season in favour of QoS.

Out of contract as of yesterday.

Apparently been played out of position a lot this season, which has had a negative effect on his performances.

Edited by FTOF