Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Listening to off the ball there , Alex Rae confirming Dunfermline are paying bigger wages than us , apparently there after mcausland again .

Ah - I thought he was suggesting that we are after Cheesy....

Got to wonder why a club that were so close to going bust can pay players more than us.

Because the current BOD are focussed on running a club properly?

At the meeting on Thursday, SMISA said that they'd had an independent study of the club's finances carried out, and the club is well placed financially, in terms of balancing the books.

Much of that is no doubt down to our parsimonious approach to player's wages.

How can they do this after several seasons in the lower leagues and were in administration?[/quote

They explained the fans pay 20 a month at Dunfermline that goes straight into a players kitty , generates 420k per season , not a bad idea , got to give them that . We can't even get 1000 fans together at 12 to take over the club .

At the meeting on Thursday, SMISA said that they'd had an independent study of the club's finances carried out, and the club is well placed financially, in terms of balancing the books.

Our BOD are doing a fantastic job.. Sounds like The Pars are headed for admin again.

I'm not taking a dig at our board by any means , they have ran a tight ship and made sure we are stable. I just wonder how these clubs that have been in the doodoo can continue to spending money they can't afford.

How can they do this after several seasons in the lower leagues and were in administration?[/quote

They explained the fans pay 20 a month at Dunfermline that goes straight into a players kitty , generates 420k per season , not a bad idea , got to give them that . We can't even get 1000 fans together at 12 to take over the club .

If our club got to the state Dunfermline got to then our fans would pile in to save the club. One of the reasons for our slow uptake is that we are at present well run and fans are happy with how the club is operating.

Our BOD are doing a fantastic job.. Sounds like The Pars are headed for admin again.

Despite being in the third tier we posted a trading profit last year, doubtful we'll be heading into administration. Our board are exceptional now.

We only averaged 50 odd? Fans less last year aswell, that's with the vast majority of away support being double figures. Next year our attendances will go up where it's conceivable that without Rangers your average will drop.

Along with the Lifeline as mentioned previously (1000 fans paying 20 pounds a month) It's not exactly hard to figure out why we'll be able to offer slightly larger wages.

Despite being in the third tier we posted a trading profit last year, doubtful we'll be heading into administration. Our board are exceptional now.

We only averaged 50 odd? Fans less last year aswell, that's with the vast majority of away support being double figures. Next year our attendances will go up where it's conceivable that without Rangers your average will drop.

Along with the Lifeline as mentioned previously (1000 fans paying 20 pounds a month) It's not exactly hard to figure out why we'll be able to offer slightly larger wages.

Not if Killie come down.

They usually bring a similar number to the blue bigots.

Also, Ayr and Dundee Utd will bring many more fans than Alloa and Livingston did.

So, I suspect our crowds will go up.

What a brilliant idea.

It isn't really.

It's asking fans to pay an extra £20 per month on top of season tickets etc.

Can you imagine the outrage if we were asked to do that.

It's amazing how stunningly bad financial management of a club actually leads to enough fear for a club's existence, that fans will dig so deeply into their own finances.

Not if Killie come down.

They usually bring a similar number to the blue bigots.

Also, Ayr and Dundee Utd will bring many more fans than Alloa and Livingston did.

So, I suspect our crowds will go up.

Keeping in mind what they brought on there last visit I can't see Killie surpassing it. Of course if you have a good season and you're challenging for promotion your home support should go up.

Look forward to the game this season, should be an interesting division.

Keeping in mind what they brought on there last visit I can't see Killie surpassing it. Of course if you have a good season and you're challenging for promotion your home support should go up.

They bring an extra 1000-1500 to the normal gate twice a year. They wont be missed. United & even you guys will more than make up for any (if any) shortfall without the added costs of extra stewarding etc & the inconvenience caused when they visit.

Also , you say bearing in mind what they brought in the last game ... you have to take into account the drop in the saints support on the day due to those who hate what they stand for.

As I said, this will be more than compensated for by Ayr and Dundee Utd fans.

How can they do this after several seasons in the lower leagues and were in administration?

I heard a rumour that 1000 fans donate £20 a month to the club for wages etc. Have no grounds to believe it or disbelieve it. Edited by Hambud