Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Mirren_F.C.#Current_squad

simon lappin been added wonder if hes been signed or someone at it

Wouldn't mind having Lappin back, but I'd be very surprised if Rae was interested in him. He doesn't really fit in with the style of player we've gone for so far. We've brought in mostly big, physically commanding players, and he's also talked about looking to add some more pace to the squad. Simon's a good player, but he doesn't offer much in the way of athleticism.

Would be a surprise if Rae wanted him, but not an entirely nasty one. Might fancy him for his crossing and set pieces, especially now that we can flood the box with all the big guys we've signed.

Alan Gow. There's a player we should be going for.

Classy and I'm sure all his injury problems are behind him.

I heard he played reasonably well against Motherwell for 20 minutes a couple of seasons ago and everything.

13 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Alan Gow. There's a player we should be going for.

Classy and I'm sure all his injury problems are behind him.

I heard he played reasonably well against Motherwell for 20 minutes a couple of seasons ago and everything.

Yes, still suffering from piles.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:52 PM, linwood bud said:

Today I heard we were in for Ryan hardie, the boy that was on loan at raith from that mob. Will try and find out tomorrow if it's a loan or permanent

Both Dundee Utd and Raith are trying to get Hardie too.

Although, the likelihood of blue bigots doing business with Dundee Utd is fairly remote, given the recent history between the two clubs.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Although, the likelihood of blue bigots doing business with Dundee Utd is fairly remote, given the recent history between the two clubs.

Isn't that more to do with their supporters. 

10 hours ago, pod said:

Isn't that more to do with their supporters. 

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

I thought it was more to do with their chairman, saying out loud, what every sane supporter in Scotland was thinking !!

Think there are a few issues involving both fans and the clubs themselves.

IIRC there was also an argument about cup tie money.

Although, United did manage to avoid the potential problem of blue bigot fans boycotting Tannadice.:rolleyes:

Hardie did well under McKinnon last season at Raith so it may suit Rangers for them to work together again, regardless of which club it's at. There's no way Locke is interested in taking him to Raith as he hasn't played for Hearts.

Would be good if it came off but hope we have alternatives if we can't get him or Shankland.

On 08/07/2016 at 8:34 PM, FTOF said:

The blue bigots have no history:hammer

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:34 PM, FTOF said:

don't you mean THREE clubs?

the cup tie issue was between Dundee utd and a club that is currently in liquidation

It's all very quiet on the signings / rumours front must be 3 weeks since last even linked with a player , I know the manager had said 3 more players to come in but who ? All the decent available players are snapped up , Dundee Utd signing cammy smith and now willo flood , it looks like the loan market for us again . 

Rae said last night he missed out on targets and now looking at loans... hopefully as good as the 3 legends on loan that lifted the league cup

He has also said thatvhe is surprised by the lack of quality available for free too.

I would take Shankland back in a heartbeat if possible.