Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Surprised if he's coming to us, was under the impression he was going to Queen of the South. Was told that about a month ago along with some other transfer gossip that has proven to be true.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Surprised if he's coming to us, was under the impression he was going to Queen of the South. Was told that about a month ago along with some other transfer gossip that has proven to be true.

He signed on as an amateur at Dumbarton so they could avoid any form of fee to Annan. How does that work with contracts? Is he effectively free to leave as and when suits him, albeit subject to any form of compensation that remains outstanding?

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

He signed on as an amateur at Dumbarton so they could avoid any form of fee to Annan. How does that work with contracts? Is he effectively free to leave as and when suits him, albeit subject to any form of compensation that remains outstanding?

That's basically what I've been told.

54 minutes ago, Drew said:

I believe he's without club.

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

Craig Reid would be a good signing till the end of the season.

I thought he done a good job while on loan from Motherwell prior to Keith Watson signing.

I thought he did a fair job as well.  I recall when we loaned him from the Motherwell football club I spoke to a supporter of said Motherwell football club.  Apparently he was awaiting trial for battering his wife and was facing a possible prison term.  Did he avoid the jail then?

8 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I thought he did a fair job as well.  I recall when we loaned him from the Motherwell football club I spoke to a supporter of said Motherwell football club.  Apparently he was awaiting trial for battering his wife and was facing a possible prison term.  Did he avoid the jail then?

He came to us on Community Service.

Edited by linwood buddie

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Surely hes not going to be a first team pick

So I've been told from a decent source that we are signing a new goalkeeper tomorrow and that he will be one of at least 4 more new players to sign before the end of the month.

And he also says if Mallan goes it could be another SIX!

We shall wait and see!

19 minutes ago, div said:

So I've been told from a decent source that we are signing a new goalkeeper tomorrow and that he will be one of at least 4 more new players to sign before the end of the month.

And he also says if Mallan goes it could be another SIX!

We shall wait and see!

so we back to Danny Lennon days?signing loads o pish rather than 2/3 quality,hope am wrong but a believe we on road to ruin,my personal opinion

He,s a decent left back that charges up and down the wing and puts s good cross over , started off with Celtic , on the wee side and a terrific left back according to an Alloa fan I meet most mornings , Alloa have a small squad and a deal where they lose a player and gain two til the end of the season and a little cash might suit them

8 hours ago, paul torfason said:

so we back to Danny Lennon days?signing loads o pish rather than 2/3 quality,hope am wrong but a believe we on road to ruin,my personal opinion

Dearie me.

Damned if you don't, etc. Aside from your somewhat premature assessment of the quality of the signings, as Pod says, there are unlikely to be be many 'quality' players out there looking for a move to a club teetering on the brink of relegation to the third tier of Scottish fitba.

To be blunt, I think this window is as much about shipping players out, as bringing them in.