Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Skelton signed him so Fowler won't have worked with him before. Think they signed him in a free, guessing he's left for the same reason we got rid of Walsh etc and the new manager doesn't rate him.

Just a guess we may sign him, not based on any inside info I promise!

Skyline Drifter on P&B saying he's not going to us so that's that.

35 minutes ago, Tam M said:

Nope. But from down South. Apparently name can't be broadcast if his current club finds out it could scupper the deal.

So the conversation would go something like this:

Mystery player - "By the way boss I've just signed for St.Mirren."

Player's current manager - "Just as well you kept it secret from us, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to sign for them."

:rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, MarkL said:

Newwwtttooooooonn

I hope

Absolute f**king SCENES if that happens. If it's a former Saints player who is down south the only realistic possibilities I can think of are him, Dayton, Higdon (Wales rather than England admittedly) and Broadfoot (although that is probably pushing it).

I'd also take Lappin, although that would mainly be because it would keep shull in the sinbin for the rest of the season.

Edited by Stu

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Absolute f**king SCENES if that happens. If it's a former Saints player who is down south the only realistic possibilities I can think of are him, Dayton, Higdon (Wales rather than England admittedly) and Broadfoot (although that is probably pushing it).

I'd also take Lappin, although that would mainly be because it would keep shull in the sinbin for the rest of the season.

Do... Do... Do... Do you not know who it is?

8 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Do... Do... Do... Do you not know who it is?

Surely not Dorman? He's still playing in the States I think - although given today's events he may want to get out of there as soon as he can :lol:

Getting on a bit so doubt he'd be able to make the same runs as before. New England Revolution were using him as a holding midfielder at the end of his time there, which sounds a bit bizarre.

Oh, and it seems he's now just a coach: http://www.fcboston.org/andy-dorman-joins-bolts-academy-coaching-staff

Edited by Stu