Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Are we done do we think? Or is there still the potential to sign a free agent? Just seems like Jack might be in the market for a striker, having one on trial during the week. Plus, Shankland, Gallagher and Hardie went out with only Loy coming in. Also, with Orsi being loaned out, it could leave us short of cover if someone picks up and injury.

On that note, any word on who the trialist was, and was he any good?

21 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Are we done do we think? Or is there still the potential to sign a free agent? Just seems like Jack might be in the market for a striker, having one on trial during the week. Plus, Shankland, Gallagher and Hardie went out with only Loy coming in. Also, with Orsi being loaned out, it could leave us short of cover if someone picks up and injury.

1 hour ago, Saint Garf said:

The guy during the week was 19 and an ex-Motherwell U20 player. I would guess if he is brought in it would be for the Development squad since Orsi is out on loan.

• 3 months later...

I go with that plus Ben Gordon. Time has caught up with Webster and Clarkson, both have been more than decent players. Rocco Quinn too through injury perhaps. Hutton is clearly out of favour and Fjelde has been given very little game time. The big questions might be the loan players like Storrie and those like Davis and McGinn who were/are here short term.

Edited by St.Ricky

I go with that plus Ben Gordon. Time has caught up with Webster and Clarkson, both have been more than decent players. Rocco Quinn too through injury perhaps. Hutton is clearly out of favour and Fjelde has been given very little game time. The big questions might be the loan players like Storrie and those like Davis and McGinn who were/are here short term.

McGinn still has a year to go, had option to cancel contract if we were relagated.

Don't think decision on Storrie is tough, he's looks ok in the odd game but he a couple of poor games.

Gary Mac is the one we need to tie up. Not convinced we could afford Davis but would love it if he signed for us.

Big question over keeper, I like Billy and no keeper at this level is perfect, if he's willing to stay I would sign him up

our manager will already have list off players if he needs to replace out going ones ,

and will also promote from with in , we now know how his system is , he will find players to fit into it ,

in ROSS we trust

hope the enjoy there holiday in spain

good  job 

Jacks' 10:

McGinn has 1 year left.

Smith - his contract is up so hope we can persuade him to stay.

O'Brien allegedly wants to stay and his contract is up so here's hoping.

Would absolutely love Davis back and his contract is up but will probably get better offers down South.

Eck's contract is up - hopefully he signs a new one.

Stelios - has a one year option which I hope is exorcised..

Loy has a year left at Dundee and I can see the new manager wanting to assess him - probably going.

Storrie is a decent ballwinner I think but not so good once he has the ball. However he is young and maybe Jack can get something out of him but I do not know if his contract is up with the sheep. Not sure if he fits Jack's style. Todd is possibly a better option.

Fjelde - probably going as I think he is behind the others.

Pre Jack:

MacKenzie - superb and contract is up. Sure his performances have not gone unnoticed. Hope he stays.

Irvine has another 1 year option which I hope he takes up.

Baird's contract is up but he has been immense recently - sign him up.

I would let Webster and Gordon go - especially is we sign Davis. If not possibly keep Gordon.

I would let Clarkson go.

Hutton still has one year left but we have to punt him somehow.

Heard Langfield is a good coach so maybe keep him for that but not as a keeper.

Quinn - was very good in a poor team before his injury - would probably keep if totally fit.

McLear - still has 1 year on his contract but do not think he will make it with us.

And we still have Orsi, Stewart and Flanagan out on loan to assess.

Who do we need?

Depends on who of the above is offered contracts and signs. Assuming we can sign up the players who are out of contract the main area we are very short in is strikers. ***WARNING - CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT*** - Sutton is now a bit part player in my opinion. 7 League goals all season (35 appearances) and only 3 of these goals being significant in obtaining points. (Loy had 5 in 11 appearances). When everyone is fit Jack won't start him but we need at least two decent strikers. Sutton still has 1 year left so he gives us an option if required but we need at least two who can be automatic picks. Keatings of Hibs is out of contract - I would go for him as one of them.

Anyway, the above is just my thoughts but whatever Jack decides will be what counts and he has my trust completely.

Edited by Sonny