Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

James Vaughan at Raith worth a look to replace Loy, think we tried for him before with no joy.

Assume you mean Lewis?

A good player but not an out and out striker. Played out wide for Dumbarton if I remember rightly.

Definitely a player to look at but not a replacement for Loy

2 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

Assume you mean Lewis?

A good player but not an out and out striker. Played out wide for Dumbarton if I remember rightly.

Definitely a player to look at but not a replacement for Loy

Yeah sorry mate, I mean Lewis Vaughan, good player. 

Vaughan played well against us for Raith at the beginning of last season , and scored against us for Dunbarton , Raith fans reckon him getting loaned out to Dumbarton got them relegated . I think he would be a great direct replacement for Mallan . But let's see how we do in competitive games before we decide what's required to improve the squad

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

can't make my mind up too what striker id like,a young not much experience Andy Ryan,or a older head like Michael higdon,

It's what Jack likes. He is signing players who are young, fit and/or are hungry to succeed and not players over 30 who just want a last pay day. I do not think Higdon fits the profile.

It's what Jack likes. He is signing players who are young, fit and/or are hungry to succeed and not players over 30 who just want a last pay day. I do not think Higdon fits the profile.

Samson Elkesley and Mackenzie are all over 30 [emoji460]

31 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Samson Elkesley and Mackenzie are all over 30 emoji460.png

Samson is quoted as he 'still has unfinished business' (and a goalkeeper is a bit different from outfield players). Eckersley is 31 and was desperate to return to the UK. Jack did not sign Mackenzie. But an old head with a keeper, central defence and midfield is not a bad thing and we are covered there. An older prolific goalscorer would not go amiss but there are few Kenny Millers around. Higdon has averaged 3 goals a year over the last 3 years and is older than Sutton.

The point remains - he wants players at their peak (McGinn / Loy) or hungry players. I'll lift the age limit to 32 if that helps. :)

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

Callum Ball springs to mind who was young and clearly very, very hungry. I may be missing something here.

Edited by David Mc

Samson is quoted as he 'still has unfinished business' (and a goalkeeper is a bit different from outfield players). Eckersley is 31 and was desperate to return to the UK. Jack did not sign Mackenzie. But an old head with a keeper, central defence and midfield is not a bad thing and we are covered there. An older prolific goalscorer would not go amiss but there are few Kenny Millers around. Higdon has averaged 3 goals a year over the last 3 years and is older than Sutton.
The point remains - he wants players at their peak (McGinn / Loy) or hungry players. I'll lift the age limit to 32 if that helps. [emoji4]

Jack did sign all 3 players for season 2017-2118 and all are over 30 whatever way you look at it [emoji56] Personally I don't care about the age, I care about the ability and I say he had got 2 out of 3 right [emoji106]

20 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Jack did sign all 3 players for season 2017-2118 and all are over 30 whatever way you look at it emoji56.png Personally I don't care about the age, I care about the ability and I say he had got 2 out of 3 right emoji106.png

Good for you.