Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I don't reckon there will be much left in the budget if we can't offload McLean. We've got rid of Haddad loaned out McShane and let McKee return to Burnley and have signed Imrie on a 2½ year deal and a £35,000 transfer fee (equivalent to £2k per week between now and the end of the season) - I reckon that's more out than we'll have saved.

My worry is that any deal for McLean will be so near the transfer window deadline that it'll be too late to get somebody decent in and I'd be reluctant to go for somebody who'd been frees just prior to the window closing.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I don't reckon there will be much left in the budget if we can't offload McLean. We've got rid of Haddad loaned out McShane and let McKee return to Burnley and have signed Imrie on a 2½ year deal and a £35,000 transfer fee (equivalent to £2k per week between now and the end of the season) - I reckon that's more out than we'll have saved.

My worry is that any deal for McLean will be so near the transfer window deadline that it'll be too late to get somebody decent in and I'd be reluctant to go for somebody who'd been frees just prior to the window closing.

BTB...dont you think if a deal is in the "offering" in regards to McLean....dontcha think it would be "in progress" and maybe DL has set his plans in motion??

just a thought

BTB...dont you think if a deal is in the "offering" in regards to McLean....dontcha think it would be "in progress" and maybe DL has set his plans in motion??

just a thought

Could be - maybe Imrie was bought in anticipation of cash coming in, also who's to say anyone DL has lined up will still be available by the time we're able to make an offer?

This is the speculation thread.

Plus the likely salary increase offered to Goodwin.

John Sutton and Kirk Broadfoot? Realistic loan signings? Would love both of them but think they would be well out of our budget but what a difference they would make to our push for a top 6 finish.

Im sure I read somewhere that broadfoot is going to bristol city?

Mclean is injured at present so can't see anyone buying him during the window

so sorry young kenny that you are injured but at least we might get to keep one of our better players until the end of this season.

Need I say ,already McLean thread running in rumours.

Edited by pod