Jump to content

jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, jaybee said:

speculation or imagination, could be either .......... I remember attending a Christmas part at the Rootes works; it was an annual thing I think for the children of the workers and goodness knows how I cane to be there as my Father never worked there; and yet! i suppose it is  just one of those memories that stay with one.:offtopic

My Dad worked there and remember the kids Christmas parties in 60s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jaybee said:

speculation or imagination, could be either .......... I remember attending a Christmas part at the Rootes works; it was an annual thing I think for the children of the workers and goodness knows how I cane to be there as my Father never worked there; and yet! i suppose it is  just one of those memories that stay with one.:offtopic

Went early 70s

Grandfather worked there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Linwood Plant was also in Elderslie . The boundry was as you leave Linwood about 50yds from the big roundabout which now has the flyover over it. I can't find the boundry map at the moment but it has been posted before . So Linwood stops around the turnoff for the Inkerman Road. .


The Asda Phoenix address is Paisley!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jaybee said:

speculation or imagination, could be either .......... I remember attending a Christmas part at the Rootes works; it was an annual thing I think for the children of the workers and goodness knows how I cane to be there as my Father never worked there; and yet! i suppose it is  just one of those memories that stay with one.:offtopic

I can confirm without doubt, that Christmas is an annual thing :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Braehead is in Renfrew (unless you mean Braehead in Glenburn, of course). You're right about Asda and the airport.


Renfrews in Paisley as well, we’re claiming it. So is Linwood, Elderslie, Johnstone, Erskine & Bishopton . We are annexing the lot of them .


But we don’t want Barrhead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

 


Renfrews in Paisley as well, we’re claiming it. So is Linwood, Elderslie, Johnstone, Erskine & Bishopton . We are annexing the lot of them .


But we don’t want Barrhead. emoji57.png

 

Glasgow's welcome to that . :lol:

Edited by pod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
Yer all wrong , Asda is in Paisley , so is Braehead , so is the Airport , everybody else can gtf with their claims to our stuff.

Braehead is in Renfrew 

The main shopping centre is in Renfrewshire (as is Xscape or whatever it is called now).

The retail park (Harry Corry, Currys/PC World, Saimsbury etc) is in Glasgow,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

 


Renfrews in Paisley as well, we’re claiming it. So is Linwood, Elderslie, Johnstone, Erskine & Bishopton . We are annexing the lot of them .


But we don’t want Barrhead. emoji57.png

 

Thought it was called Burrheed ? As a young boy around 14 me and my mates used to walk to Barrhead from Glenburn to the cinema to watch horror movies on a Sunday night movies like Frankenstein , Dracula   lol.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS too many people on here with obviously feck all else in their lives, go out and do something, this is a football forum people, it I wanted gossip I just stand in the queue at Tesco and hear this drivel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

FFS too many people on here with obviously feck all else in their lives, go out and do something, this is a football forum people, it I wanted gossip I just stand in the queue at Tesco and hear this drivel.

Tesco Linwood, Paisley, Renfrew or Barrhead?

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thought it was called Burrheed ? As a young boy around 14 me and my mates used to walk to Barrhead from Glenburn to the cinema to watch horror movies on a Sunday night movies like Frankenstein , Dracula   lol.  

That wasn`t the Movies , that was Barrhead Main street :death

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I suppose if you were feeling adventurous, you could go to Silverburn.:)

Silverburn is pish. At least Braehead has an HMV, or, as I call it, the Braehead Man Zone.

Interesting if true, that the dividing line between Renfrewshire and Glasgow runs through Krispy Kreme Donuts at Braehead. There should surely be ID checks and a checkpoint Charlie arrangement going on down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Silverburn is pish. At least Braehead has an HMV, or, as I call it, the Braehead Man Zone.

Interesting if true, that the dividing line between Renfrewshire and Glasgow runs through Krispy Kreme Donuts at Braehead. There should surely be ID checks and a checkpoint Charlie arrangement going on down there.

Silverburn has a Tesco.

Braehead doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Johnny Rep said:

FFS too many people on here with obviously feck all else in their lives, go out and do something, this is a football forum people, it I wanted gossip I just stand in the queue at Tesco and hear this drivel.

Stop talking drivel and lets hear some football. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...