jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

7 hours ago, jaybee said:

speculation or imagination, could be either .......... I remember attending a Christmas part at the Rootes works; it was an annual thing I think for the children of the workers and goodness knows how I cane to be there as my Father never worked there; and yet! i suppose it is  just one of those memories that stay with one.:offtopic

My Dad worked there and remember the kids Christmas parties in 60s

8 hours ago, jaybee said:

speculation or imagination, could be either .......... I remember attending a Christmas part at the Rootes works; it was an annual thing I think for the children of the workers and goodness knows how I cane to be there as my Father never worked there; and yet! i suppose it is  just one of those memories that stay with one.:offtopic

Went early 70s

Grandfather worked there

The Linwood Plant was also in Elderslie . The boundry was as you leave Linwood about 50yds from the big roundabout which now has the flyover over it. I can't find the boundry map at the moment but it has been posted before . So Linwood stops around the turnoff for the Inkerman Road. .

The Asda Phoenix address is Paisley!

13 hours ago, jaybee said:

I can confirm without doubt, that Christmas is an annual thing :) 

Braehead is in Renfrew (unless you mean Braehead in Glenburn, of course). You're right about Asda and the airport.

Renfrews in Paisley as well, we’re claiming it. So is Linwood, Elderslie, Johnstone, Erskine & Bishopton . We are annexing the lot of them .

But we don’t want Barrhead.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Renfrews in Paisley as well, we’re claiming it. So is Linwood, Elderslie, Johnstone, Erskine & Bishopton . We are annexing the lot of them .

But we don’t want Barrhead. emoji57.png

Glasgow's welcome to that . :lol:

Edited by pod

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
Yer all wrong , Asda is in Paisley , so is Braehead , so is the Airport , everybody else can gtf with their claims to our stuff.

Braehead is in Renfrew 

The main shopping centre is in Renfrewshire (as is Xscape or whatever it is called now).

The retail park (Harry Corry, Currys/PC World, Saimsbury etc) is in Glasgow,

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

But we don’t want Barrhead. emoji57.png

Thought it was called Burrheed ? As a young boy around 14 me and my mates used to walk to Barrhead from Glenburn to the cinema to watch horror movies on a Sunday night movies like Frankenstein , Dracula   lol.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

FFS too many people on here with obviously feck all else in their lives, go out and do something, this is a football forum people, it I wanted gossip I just stand in the queue at Tesco and hear this drivel.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

FFS too many people on here with obviously feck all else in their lives, go out and do something, this is a football forum people, it I wanted gossip I just stand in the queue at Tesco and hear this drivel.

Tesco Linwood, Paisley, Renfrew or Barrhead?

Edited by FTOF

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thought it was called Burrheed ? As a young boy around 14 me and my mates used to walk to Barrhead from Glenburn to the cinema to watch horror movies on a Sunday night movies like Frankenstein , Dracula   lol.  

That wasn`t the Movies , that was Barrhead Main street :death

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I suppose if you were feeling adventurous, you could go to Silverburn.:)

Silverburn is pish. At least Braehead has an HMV, or, as I call it, the Braehead Man Zone.

Interesting if true, that the dividing line between Renfrewshire and Glasgow runs through Krispy Kreme Donuts at Braehead. There should surely be ID checks and a checkpoint Charlie arrangement going on down there.

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Silverburn is pish. At least Braehead has an HMV, or, as I call it, the Braehead Man Zone.

Interesting if true, that the dividing line between Renfrewshire and Glasgow runs through Krispy Kreme Donuts at Braehead. There should surely be ID checks and a checkpoint Charlie arrangement going on down there.

Silverburn has a Tesco.

Braehead doesn't.

5 hours ago, Johnny Rep said:

Stop talking drivel and lets hear some football. :P