jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We have one

We signed him from Truro

Keep up !!

He's not a target man.

He's a very mobile forward who links up well with the midfield.

Certainly not a player that you'd be lumping high balls at and hoping for flick ons etc or to get on the end of deep crosses into the box.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He's not a target man.

He's a very mobile forward who links up well with the midfield.

Certainly not a player that you'd be lumping high balls at and hoping for flick ons etc or to get on the end of deep crosses into the box.

What u talking about, he is the same size as Sutton and played as a target man in his last club

Edited by DougJamie

Some close season. Tons of departures, tons of arrivals, new management, new stadium name, marquee Mbappe still to arrive, and an opening penalty shoot out win with half a team and no Magennis. World Cup, Wimbledon, Open Golf coming up, best weather since 1976.

Not too shabby.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Some close season. Tons of departures, tons of arrivals, new management, new stadium name, marquee Mbappe still to arrive, and an opening penalty shoot out win with half a team and no Magennis. World Cup, Wimbledon, Open Golf coming up, best weather since 1976.

Not too shabby.

And Trump loves us- so its all good :wub:

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not too shabby.

Time to make sure you have your season ticket if you want to make sure you get a seat in the stand of your choic. 

3 hours ago, linwood-bud said:

Everyone who was wanting players with Scottish Premiership experience will be happy with Dolan.

I don’t like the idea of signing players as back up - Daryl Duffy last season anyone?

He might bag us 4 or 5 goals throughout the season, but it’s not a player I’d give Stewart AND money for.

There'll be Doolin and Doolin don't wants

High and low, they'll shout the odds.

Easy money, for half a season,

Would be as well with, Billy Dodds!

(There's a song in there).

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, billyg said:

Hardly comparable , Duffy only played around 20 top flight games in Scotland ! Doolan averages better than 1 in 3 !

I’m not comparing the 2 players.

I’m comparing how it’s being discussed that he would be a good squad player. These types of signings very rarely add anything.

Of course if Stubbs sees Doolan as the man to lead the line then I’m happy for us to make a deal happen.

Just so I'm getting this right. Folk are debating whether the third best goalscorer in Premiership history would be a good addition? 

Just for reference, Doolan is breaking Club Records with every season. He's Club Captain, He's in his testimonial season and has also joined the Youth Academy coaching staff. He took a wage reduction to stay and do his best to get us promoted, to right the wrongs of last season. He's a one club player since turning professional.

But you boys crack on, it's good reading, if nothing else!

Just so I'm getting this right. Folk are debating whether the third best goalscorer in Premiership history would be a good addition? 

Just for reference, Doolan is breaking Club Records with every season. He's Club Captain, He's in his testimonial season and has also joined the Youth Academy coaching staff. He took a wage reduction to stay and do his best to get us promoted, to right the wrongs of last season. He's a one club player since turning professional.

Hope your right Dave.

Would be a Wyness type signing , probably done , so not bothered either way

Is 3rd best based on goals per game? Appreciate it's not always accurate but Wikipedia has him with 54 premier goals which doesn't get him in the top 10 premier scorers.

I reckon some people are concerned at his age and whether he's past his best. What's your thoughts?

4 minutes ago, andrew87 said:

I reckon some people are concerned at his age and whether he's past his best. What's your thoughts?

Age doesn't determine ones fitness.

Edited by pod

9 minutes ago, andrew87 said:

Is 3rd best based on goals per game? Appreciate it's not always accurate but Wikipedia has him with 54 premier goals which doesn't get him in the top 10 premier scorers.

Only Rooney and Griffiths have scored more.

My thoughts? He's not signing for St Mirren. 

Edited by dave.j

Ehh really only Griffith’s and Rooney straight away boyd came to my head to think your talking utter tosh.

I take it your talking 3rd best scorers of players currently playing other wise is no where near top 3

I stand corrected as he is the 3rd highest scorer since the top flight was re-branded as the Premiership.

What I would say is that he seems to have played week in week out for a team that has been in the top flight since it became the Premiership. Teams such as Motherwell have had good goalscorers but they haven't stuck around for 5 years. Not a criticism of Doolan at all as he has been a great player for you but undoubtedly a factor in this statistic

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Ehh really only Griffith’s and Rooney straight away boyd came to my head to think your talking utter tosh.

I take it your talking 3rd best scorers of players currently playing other wise is no where near top 3

When did the Premiership start? 

When did the Premiership start? 

Lol is that how your working it out how does his appearance to goals ratio work out compared to others then in the last 5 years.

Decent striker done great for partick but coming to the end of his career id rather we looked elsewhere even though I think the rumour is a load of rubbish someone made up.

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Lol is that how your working it out how does his appearance to goals ratio work out compared to others then in the last 5 years.

Decent striker done great for partick but coming to the end of his career id rather we looked elsewhere even though I think the rumour is a load of rubbish someone made up.

I'm working it out exactly how I stated it  he's the third top premiership goalscorer behind Griffiths and Rooney. Not bad for a  "decent striker" in a bottom 6 team.