jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

We've missed Davis, Magennis & Morgan - 3 of our best players.

If we get in the boy Johnston then he may well be the guy who can replace Morgan. Magennis is still here and Kpekawa shows real potential to replace Davis - and not be injured half the season.

I think we will be okay.

Edited by zico

5 minutes ago, zico said:

If we get in the boy Johnston then he may well be the guy who can replace Morgan. Magennis is still here and Kpekawa shows real potential to replace Davis - and not be injured half the season.

I think we will be okay.

Good points Zico

24 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Good points Zico

Even with Morgan, Magennis and Davis we struggled at times. Think Dunfermline away, Morton away, Livi away, Aberdeen away. It was clear at the end of the season that we probably needed a whole new team to compete. I would say we need the replacement for Morgan and Davis, Magennis back and more quality players on top of that to have a decent chance in the premier. 

6 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Even with Morgan, Magennis and Davis we struggled at times. Think Dunfermline away, Morton away, Livi away, Aberdeen away. It was clear at the end of the season that we probably needed a whole new team to compete. I would say we need the replacement for Morgan and Davis, Magennis back and more quality players on top of that to have a decent chance in the premier. 

Yeh, totally agree.

Without Morgan I doubt we'd even have made the play offs. The squad that Ross left, minus Morgan, was nowhere near good enough to survive in the top flight. But just one or two players can sometimes make all the difference.

Edited by zico

40 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Magennis and Davis were injured for the first two games mentioned & Stelios (now gone) had a mare in the Aberdeen game. 

Going by JRs comments at the end of last season 7-9 players were required so by my calculations we still need (have the cash for?) an additional 3-5 players (net).

Quality - it's in the lap of Stubbsy!

1 hour ago, zico said:

Yeh, totally agree.

Without Morgan I doubt we'd even have made the play offs. The squad that Ross left, minus Morgan, was nowhere near good enough to survive in the top flight. But just one or two players can sometimes make all the difference.

I think people have rose tinted specs when it comes to Morgan, as soon as he put pen to paper with the beggars he was largely missing for us and only played in fits / starts.

45 minutes ago, melmac said:

I think people have rose tinted specs when it comes to Morgan, as soon as he put pen to paper with the beggars he was largely missing for us and only played in fits / starts.

Bullshit

1 hour ago, melmac said:

:lol:

5 hours ago, zico said:

I think we will be okay.

Kpekwa shows promise to replace Brian Smith.  Harry Davis he aint!!

As we are all saying this team needs major investment to compete. Currently they wouldn’t beat Hamilton or Livi. They are one paces and lack a striker. I really do think that with two weeks till kick off we should have more players in by now. 

In a nutshell.

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

As we are all saying this team needs major investment to compete. Currently they wouldn’t beat Hamilton or Livi. They are one paces and lack a striker. I really do think that with two weeks till kick off we should have more players in by now. 

Fast Striker, sitting midfielder, fast creative mid fielder, fast winger, a fast right back, a back up goalie and big Gary back in the starting 11.

20 minutes ago, magnus said:

Fast Striker, sitting midfielder, fast creative mid fielder, fast winger, a fast right back, a back up goalie and big Gary back in the starting 11.

When he recovers from injury?

Unfortunately his injury record has had some bearing on his current standing.

I'd say we need a couple of forwards - one target man and one quick winger/attacker; another McGinn type midfielder; A centre half and a full back that can play both LB and RB.

Oh aye and none of them are allowed to be shite!:lol:

7 hours ago, zico said:

I think we will be okay.

Wish we had a 20 goal striker, been a while since we had one of them!

54 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Wish we had a 20 goal striker, been a while since we had one of them!

Every team in this league wishes that they had a striker that could score 20 goals in the premiership.:wink:

7 hours ago, melmac said:

37 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You should have opened your eyes then

Wish I'd put money on who would reply first.