jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

44 minutes ago, st jock said:
49 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:
Anything to this, or just speculation?

Someone involved with the fringes of the club. Also mentioned beltrame and the striker from Birmingham. Usually quite reliable

My mate plays for ICT I’ll ask the question, he’ll probably tell me to f**k off mind you.:P

48 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Said a few weeks ago that Polworth would be a tremendous signing. Impressed me ever time I've seen him.

totally agree , would be sound use of some of the McGinn money , would really strengthen our midfield  , and also provide cover if Steven McGinn picks up an injury , fingers crossed this happen .

Also need three or four additional attacking options , and maybe some cover in the full back positions , looks like not a bad squad we,re putting together

6 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

Would like to see us enquiring about taking Scott Wright on loan from Aberdeen. He’s now 21 & playing regularly will definitely help his development.

Agreed but we aren't allowed to take two players on loan from a club if we play in the same division. 

So that's a non starter unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

200k Stevie May to play alongside Brock-Madsen, go on it’ll keep us in the division and gain us a lot more than what we spend 

Stevie May couldn't hit a coo on the arse with a banjo IMO.

He scored 5 goals for Aberdeen last season.

Danny Mullen has nearly achieved half of that in one game.

I'd rather stick with Mullen and save the £200K.

4 minutes ago, smcc said:

He is not exactly a prolific goalscorer.

To be fair he scored seven goals in the Eredivisie, which is arguably a higher level than we're currently at.

Maybe he just hasn't found the right team yet.

He'll be the new Mark Yardley.

With not as fat an arse hopefully.:lol:

I think we need to be realistic with our targets. We sadly are a lower end SPL club whose wage structure will not get top end quality. So far we are losing targets all over the place. As mentioned already thd loan market may prove better once the deadline passes for example Coulson. 

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

To be fair he scored seven goals in the Eredivisie, which is arguably a higher level than we're currently at.

Maybe he just hasn't found the right team yet.

He'll be the new Mark Yardley.

With not as fat an arse hopefully.:lol:

The club can’t win in these situations. Fans moan about signing English non league standard players.

Now they moan about a player coming in from the championship before he’s kicked a ball. :lol:

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Stevie May couldn't hit a coo on the arse with a banjo IMO.

He scored 5 goals for Aberdeen last season.

Danny Mullen has nearly achieved half of that in one game.

I'd rather stick with Mullen and save the £200K.

He’s an international who almost single handsdly won the Scottish cup for st Johnstone. I think he would fit in ok