Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You do realise the likes of Kyle Hutton, Rory Loy,  Darren Cole and Gregg Wylde have all played Champions League football, don't you?

It's no indicator to how good a footballer you are. Comparitively shite players have played in the champions league.

See Elvis, this is why you know the square root of feck all about fitba.

Off course I know f**k all about football that's why I am a Saint Mirren fan .

10 minutes ago, elvis said:

Played in the champions league and we need to give him a trial to see if he is any good I right lol.

Maybe he is giving us a trial.

No harm taking a look before committing - not least given some of the earlier signings....

He is young, so probably a good idea given the age profile of our current central defenders (GMac aside).

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Does Stubbs not rate Scottish players ?

Tbh there dosnt seem to be many about within our wage structure  that will improve us. This is probably why ex players like L Smith and players like Quitongo are getting mentioned on here. Unfortunately I think you get better quality elsewhere(obviously exceptions to that).

Edited by munoz

15 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Looking at the signings of the likes of Hearts, Hamilton, Dundee, Hibs and Aberdeen, neither do their managers.

It is a slightly worrying trend from the perspective of the domestic game and the development of home grown players.

What concerns me is that this is happening against a backdrop of clubs closing down their youth academies.

Are we going back to the days of the influx of mediocre, non-Scottish players being favoured over the development of lads brought through from the grassroots?

How I long for the golden era when senior teams could build a formidable first X1 that could hold their own in the top league built from recruits from the likes of Johnstone Burgh, Cambuslang Rangers, Cumbernauld United, Shettleston and Baillieston Juniors.

Old-fartedness can still be enjoyable.

:P

25 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Looking at the signings of the likes of Hearts, Hamilton, Dundee, Hibs and Aberdeen, neither do their managers.

A lot of teams seem to be going down the physical route , and there dosnt look like there's an abundance of 6ft 3 Scottish players. 

Looks like what Gordon Strachan highlighted about us being a wee nation is now having an effect on our top league.