jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

2 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

When does the window shut, and does it apply to cross-border loans (as this seems to be our thing this year)?

window in England being closed is only applicable to internal (english) transfers, Scotland Ireland and Europe are fine until each areas respective window deadline

15 minutes ago, jaybee said:

For goodness sake surely?  Blasphemy tch tch B) 

Only if you believe there is a deity. Otherwise it's just an expression to add force to my exasperation.

13 hours ago, Drew said:

Shocking.

As for Ricky's crass post....

What do you want me to do? 

Make up a story that we had problems when we didn't? 

I certainly don't think that what was described is in any way acceptable. 

For the record it has been many years since I went to Ibrox and the first time for my 18 year old grandson. 

My impression was that the club appears to be trying to move the crowd into a new song book. 

The crowd was noisier than I remember, clearly confident in their new manager and team. 

We had no issues walking to and from the ground but I wont be back. 

There is still an air of hostility and arrogance that doesn't appeal and sufficient evidence of bigotry remaining to put me off. 

3 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

So...... back on topic.

Is it fair to assume that 'this is it'? with regards to the squad? 

If so, we seem short another striker, central defender and winger..... Recruitment so far has been fairly underwhelming. 

No.

Another 3-5 will be in by the close of the window.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

No.

Another 3-5 will be in by the close of the window.

Is this an assumption or do you know  something more? Just curious.....

Coz what we have does not install any confidence thus far.... look like we will leak goals thorough the centre backs, which is a shame as we do have a few decent players, just not enough depth. 

1 minute ago, spankin_panda said:

Is this an assumption or do you know  something more? Just curious.....

Coz what we have does not install any confidence thus far.... look like we will leak goals thorough the centre backs, which is a shame as we do have a few decent players, just not enough depth. 

Stubbs said as much on Sportsound on Friday.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

For goodness sake surely?  Blasphemy tch tch B) 

Only if you believe there is a deity. Otherwise it's just an expression to add force to my exasperation.

I was simply trying to make a point in a humorous manner. I myself don't believe in deities, however it does not mean I would belittle other peoples belief structures just to make my point more forcefully. 

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

I was simply trying to make a point in a humorous manner. I myself don't believe in deities, however it does not mean I would belittle other peoples belief structures just to make my point more forcefully. 

:rolleyes: Am I the whoosher or the whooshee here?

Edited by stlucifer

29 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He has been training with livvy for a couple of weeks and is expected to sign for them.

I think Dundee are sniffing about him too J McG………...don't think he's what we need either to be honest, living down in Inverclyde most Morton fans I know spent most of their time just frustrated by him, "injury prone big-time Charlie that flatters to deceive with no end product" is how one of my neighbours describes him!!

Edited by WeeBud

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

I think Dundee are sniffing about him too J McG………...don't think he's what we need either to be honest, living down in Inverclyde most Morton fans I know spent most of their time just frustrated by him, "injury prone big-time Charlie that flatters to deceive with no end product" is how one of my neighbours describes him!!

Phew! For a minute I thought he was describing me.