jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

17 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Liam Smith has signed 1 year deal with Ayr United. Best of luck to him. Thought he could have done a job in the SPL with us

Indeed.  

We unfortunately couldn't wait until August when Hearts finally decided they were letting him go.  I'd have definitely preferred Smith to P.McGinn. 

You'd have to hope that we had made a serious enquiry to Hearts at the end of the season but who knows. The McGinn deal was said to be tied up long before Partick's season finished so who knows just how early the PCA was signed. Either way, signing McGinn effectively put an end to the chances of us getting Smith back.

56 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

No the lad we have on trial is 22 years of age and has played for Fiorentina against Chelsea in the champions league. He’s not Italian. 

Played in the champions league and we need to give him a trial to see if he is any good I right lol.

56 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

No the lad we have on trial is 22 years of age and has played for Fiorentina against Chelsea in the champions league. He’s not Italian. 

Just hope he can handle the considerable jump in playing standard :).

If I'm reading the breadcrum trail of clues correctly .... it's not quite Champions League that we're talking about. 

Will be interesting to see if this one comes to anything (assuming it is real) after our last deal from Italy fell through. 

Wonder who is giving us the link into the Italian market?  Donati ?  Jackson through his agent networking ?  

28 minutes ago, elvis said:

Played in the champions league and we need to give him a trial to see if he is any good I right lol.

You do realise the likes of Kyle Hutton, Rory Loy,  Darren Cole and Gregg Wylde have all played Champions League football, don't you?

It's no indicator to how good a footballer you are. Comparitively shite players have played in the champions league.

See Elvis, this is why you know the square root of feck all about fitba.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

He has not played in Champions League!

Just now, FTOF said:

It was the champions cup. Most famous for getting halfed in two by Kurt Zuma in that game, if I've identified the correct player.

Correct! The Champions Cup is a series of pre season friendlies

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You do realise the likes of Kyle Hutton, Rory Loy,  Darren Cole and Gregg Wylde have all played Champions League football, don't you?

It's no indicator to how good a footballer you are. Comparitively shite players have played in the champions league.

See Elvis, this is why you know the square root of feck all about fitba.

Off course I know f**k all about football that's why I am a Saint Mirren fan .

10 minutes ago, elvis said:

Maybe he is giving us a trial.

No harm taking a look before committing - not least given some of the earlier signings....

He is young, so probably a good idea given the age profile of our current central defenders (GMac aside).