Jump to content

jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts


Souleymane Coulibaly worth a look?
Currently training with Partick Thistle but would still be a good player at this level IMO - main issue is that he’s not played a competitive match for about a year.. 


It seems that he may have to pay a £1 million fine to his former club before he can sign for a new club!

I’d have thought that if he was a straight forward free agent then a few clubs would be interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HSS said:

What difference does it make if its from season ticket fans or pay at the gate fans?

No difference

Both probably tap the their feet while the sectarian songs are being sung.

Or maybe even join in the singing. ( at a Scottish Footbalj Match )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports this morning saying clubs are queuing up to take Jim Kellerman on loan. Consensus seems to be that he's got potential but needs game time that we can't give him (that's the soundtrack to this summer, right enough).

Assuming there's no point sending him back to the level he came from, ideally I'd like to see him go no lower than the top end of the Championship. Thistle, Falkirk, Ross County or ICT would be ideal. He might prefer central belt given he's just relocated from the south of England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

A Saints player part of the deal is not prepared to take a pay cut that is stopping the deal going through for the moment reported on this forum somewhere.  

I assume that McShane only has 1 year left and ICT can't be offering him drastically less than what he was getting here - albeit he may have had a bump for promotion. 

If we're really haggling over that little a difference and it's a done deal otherwise then surely this will go through soon. We've got money in the bank so a small pay off to get an unwanted player gone and a higher quality player in,  all in one swoop -  get it done. 

We're certainly going to be heavy with midfielders but good competition for places if we get Polwarth to add to McGinn, Jones, Willock, Magennis and Flynn. 

Come on Stubbzo - geez a wee Friday signing to set us up for the weekend! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Reports this morning saying clubs are queuing up to take Jim Kellerman on loan. Consensus seems to be that he's got potential but needs game time that we can't give him (that's the soundtrack to this summer, right enough).

Assuming there's no point sending him back to the level he came from, ideally I'd like to see him go no lower than the top end of the Championship. Thistle, Falkirk, Ross County or ICT would be ideal. He might prefer central belt given he's just relocated from the south of England.

Spotted this mentioned in a tweet last night that Scottish and English clubs were queuing up for him. I wonder where they got that from?! I'd also like to think he'd go to someone in the Championship if we're looking to loan him out. That way we can keep a close eye on him and can relate a bit more to his performance levels rather than him going back down south.   

Can English clubs even still sign loan players even though their transfer window is closed? I assumed that it would be Scottish only after the transfer deadline.

It also seems that the talk last week of someone (King?) going back down south didn't happen and hasn't been mentioned since. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maboza said:

It also seems that the talk last week of someone (King?) going back down south didn't happen and hasn't been mentioned since. 

Yeah, there was very strong talk of him cutting the cord altogether, and it hasn't happened. He played the other night, didn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maboza said:

Spotted this mentioned in a tweet last night that Scottish and English clubs were queuing up for him. I wonder where they got that from?! I'd also like to think he'd go to someone in the Championship if we're looking to loan him out. That way we can keep a close eye on him and can relate a bit more to his performance levels rather than him going back down south.   

Can English clubs even still sign loan players even though their transfer window is closed? I assumed that it would be Scottish only after the transfer deadline.

It also seems that the talk last week of someone (King?) going back down south didn't happen and hasn't been mentioned since. 

 

 

 

Clubs outside the Premier League down south can still sign loan players until the 31st I believe. Also, King could still go back south if we cancel his contract as he'd be a free agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Clubs outside the Premier League down south can still sign loan players until the 31st I believe. Also, King could still go back south if we cancel his contract as he'd be a free agent.

I thought there was something to do with free agents that meant they had to be released before the window closed in order for clubs to be able to sign them post-window. Not sure if that is the window of the releasing club, or the signing club. :unsure:

 

Edited by Maboza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

Incredible if true - Johnston is a much better player that Arzani at this point. Arzani is also left sided so wonder what that means for Lewis...

Morgan is injured and will be out for a few weeks yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Singapore Saint said:

Incredible if true - Johnston is a much better player that Arzani at this point. Arzani is also left sided so wonder what that means for Lewis...

Based on what?

Arzani has just played at the World Cup and, from what I watched, made a big impact on games played.

At the same time, Johnston played in Toulon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maboza said:

I thought there was something to do with free agents that meant they had to be released before the window closed in order for clubs to be able to sign them post-window. Not sure if that is the window of the releasing club, or the signing club. :unsure:

 

You could be right, I just know that if a player isn't under contract he can sign whenever he wants. That kinda stipulation would make sense though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mearns Saint said:


According to a HITC link on twitter it is Kellerman that could be going back south on loan.

Aye, the rumour was one of permanently and one out on loan. Neither has happened yet right enough... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Incredible if true - Johnston is a much better player that Arzani at this point. Arzani is also left sided so wonder what that means for Lewis...

while I'm sure he can play on the left, if you look at the youtube clips, he is mainly playing on the right and is right footed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RossCSmfc said:

Back in Celtic training this week.

That makes me dread the prospect of Rodgers giving Morgan his league debut against us in a few weeks time. 

Familiar surroundings, chance to sparkle against his old club, what should be a routine victory, etc. 

Eeeeeek! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...