Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

38 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Ryan inniss heading Scotland but to which team ? 

HE is the right age and nationality for a Stubbs signing, but if he is any good that would discount him....

(apologies for the negativity... but this is a low point)

16 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I’m sickened by this . I am shocked and saddened at the turmoil going on At our club. Surely to god the chairman isn’t sitting there just allowing this car crash to take place

Car crash? Seriously? I think you need to get some fresh air and some perspective.

Our recruitment methods have been questionable for some time. Who knows the real reasons? Perhaps we use a more prudent approach than others behind the scenes. None of us know the facts but it would appear that we are just a bit tighter than other teams when it comes to contracts etc. On the face of it there is serious cause for concern that our over cautious approach could result in our relegation. Add Stubbs into the equation and there is a sense that players won’t want to come to a place where strong leadership on and off the park seems to be lacking.

26 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

James Keatings signs for Accies, (in addition to another forward from Molde) yet another player that would’ve definitely improved us.

Meanwhile, we’re messing about with loan deals for our strongest area of the park.

What on earth is our recruitment policy about?

Keating isn't very good.

We've got enough players already who seem to fall into that category, without adding another.

I'd rather we waited for a player outside the window than sign him.

23 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Our recruitment methods have been questionable for some time. Who knows the real reasons? Perhaps we use a more prudent approach than others behind the scenes. None of us know the facts but it would appear that we are just a bit tighter than other teams when it comes to contracts etc. On the face of it there is serious cause for concern that our over cautious approach could result in our relegation. Add Stubbs into the equation and there is a sense that players won’t want to come to a place where strong leadership on and off the park seems to be lacking.

We work on the assumption that there will be teams worse than us, its a tried and tested one from the bad old days.

5 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

James Keatings is an injury liability, did he actually play for Dundee Utd at all last season? We were in for him last season, and i wasn't bothered about missing out on him, my mind hasn't been changed this season

He does have a lot of injury problems, which have been compounded by mental health issues in recent times.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-star-james-keatings-12404502