jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

19 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'll get behind the club as I always do. Employees come and go.

Also , I don't really get the "As expected " ? I've not been overly critical of the Gus appointment. He's not my cup of tea , but that's my prerogative. 

Fair enough, a decent response. You are one of the fair minded posters on here. I’m a fan of Gus having met the man on a good few ocassions, I’ve always found him to be a gent. 

I do however understand that his appointment split the fans to a degree, but for me he deserves his chance to prove that he can deliver in his new role. 

Edited by class of 76-77

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

If I remember correct after struggling to break into the team he was converted into a midfielder (when we got relegated) and last time I heard he was in the League 2 TOTY playing in that position for Elgin.

Now with Forfar, along side another two ex's  Hilson and Baird.

34 minutes ago, pod said:

Lewis McGugan ?  :whistle

He's a familiar name, mainly from watching soccer Saturday, career seems to have nose dived a bit since leaving Forest, not sure what that's about. Not played since January, so might be behind in terms of fitness. That, of course, if it is him.

What a steal that would be.
Good to see us aiming high, rather than the 6th or 7th tier of English football supplemented by players who haven’t played a senior game...

Simeon Jackson played in the 6th and 7th tiers of English football before making it as a full time professional.

Wouldn’t it be great to get a player like Jackson at the start of his full time professional career rather than the tail end?

Simeon Jackson played in the 6th and 7th tiers of English football before making it as a full time professional.

Wouldn’t it be great to get a player like Jackson at the start of his full time professional career rather than the tail end?

Yes, it would be!
I would love us to unearth a Louis Moult or such likes... but we haven’t, as performances show (along with the sporadic use of these players by the man that signed them and his replacement).

If the boy can put the baw in the net he'll do me.

I'm just looking forward to the time we get a settled squad on the pitch and that's no going to happen over night or one player at a time but It WILL happen

Have faith in Oran and the fans to boost and lift the players who do get on.

I hope, and pray any free agents signed can kick on in the team, but it is a sign on our part of desparation going into October and signing guys all over the place. stubbs got it wrong with so many non-league, or players who werent playing first team football.

But you have to remember it is the same board identifying and bringing these guys in for Oran to run the rule over, as it was sanctioning the fees and signings Stubbs made. Again i hope anyone signed can hit the ground running, we have made a pigs ear of this type of panic appointment in the past!

as an aside, I would be more worried about desperate Dundee Utd trying to gazump us on Simeon Jackson than I would about their near neighbours!