jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Would like to think we can get Coulson in the team. He isn't a defender (contrary to what he and his club seem to think), his crossing at the moment is a bit pish but he can beat a man and could be that creative spark we are looking for when attacking.
And that would give some much needed left sided balance with him at left mid and some decent pace

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Adam Hammil apparently agreed to sign and announcement today/tomorrow when terms/medical finalised.

Excellent news. He's obviously still in very decent shape then.

McGugan next and I think we'll be in a very decent place having significantly strengthened defence, midfield, wing and attack and added Goalkeeper backup since OK has arrived. 

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Excellent news. He's obviously still in very decent shape then.

McGugan next and I think we'll be in a very decent place having significantly strengthened defence, midfield, wing and attack and added Goalkeeper backup since OK has arrived. 

Must make the decision easier when you walk in the dressing room and Anton Ferdinand is sitting there. Great news. 

18 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry who are the loan players so many seem desperate to send back to their parent clubs?

Edwards?

Wouldn't miss Edwards if he never played for us again. Done absolutely nothing other than run around in his games since joining. We need footballers not long distance runners.

5 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Pity about McGugan as he is a very talented player. Hammill would be a teriffic signing.

I’d suggest McGugan is probably done with top level football. Hardly kicked a ball in three years and struggling to get a contract with the likes of Northampton or ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Wouldn't miss Edwards if he never played for us again. Done absolutely nothing other than run around in his games since joining. We need footballers not long distance runners.

I like Edwards. High energy and gives the opposition no time on the ball. The big plus for me is that I think Flynn looks more effective with Edwards in the team. 

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Adam Hammil apparently agreed to sign and announcement today/tomorrow when terms/medical finalised.

edit: medical dragging on a bit!

IMG_1704.JPG

Six million dollars.  Better be bionic with long life batteries. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Ferdinand, Jackson, and Hammill.

Most of us would have been quite happy to have seen these payers sign during the window, so to bring them in now looks to be very sound business.

They probably weren't available to us during the window.

They were probably aiming higher than us and looking for more money back then. Moves didn't come off and they then lowered their sights.

18 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

They probably weren't available to us during the window.

They were probably aiming higher than us and looking for more money back then. Moves didn't come off and they then lowered their sights.

Aye, quite possibly.

Still, the point stands that they are probably a bit higher in terms of standard than we might have expected as out of contract options.

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, quite possibly.

Still, the point stands that they are probably a bit higher in terms of standard than we might have expected as out of contract options.

Yeh, agreed. Its quite surprising. The end of the transfer window wasn't such a disaster after all.

Maybe we should have given Stubbs a bit more time...... :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

Pretty much what a Thistle fan said to me about him.