Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

Oran already stated in an interview that he is friendly with some agents , and he was in contact with them within hours of getting the job , that's why we got Ferdinand in so quickly. No doubt , imo , that it's his shout !

Short term you are 100 per cent right IMO but moving forward will see Oran brief Gus who will create a short list and Tony will do Contracts when Oran is happy with the player. Again, IMO

Edited by St.Ricky

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Good question. 

I guess now Oran agrees the positions he is looking to strengthen and provides a pen portrait of the type of player. 

I guess then, that Gus will review those available or who might become available and then discusses these with Oran.

I guess then,  that Tony  will deal with contractual issues. 

My final thought is that Oran will want to meet or see the player before finally agreeing. 

Think your just guessing. :wink:

I wonder if any of the ITK guys could tell me, who has identified, negotiated, made the final call on the like of Hammill and Jackson? Is it Oran, Gus or Tony?
That will only come out once we see them perform.

If they are shite - Gus
If they are worth £5m or above and can play for AC Milan - Tony
If they are OK - OK.

4 hours ago, pod said:

Think your just guessing. :wink:

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Good question. 

I guess now Oran agrees the positions he is looking to strengthen and provides a pen portrait of the type of player. 

I guess then, that Gus will review those available or who might become available and then discusses these with Oran.

My final thought is that Oran will want to meet or see the player before finally agreeing. 

Of course contracts are legal agreements - so "lawyers" do that bit... TBH I wouldn't leave TF to do that.. can you imagine the stuff he might insert about when we win the league..:lol:

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
9 hours ago, archie gemmo said:

I wonder if any of the ITK guys could tell me, who has identified, negotiated, made the final call on the like of Hammill and Jackson? Is it Oran, Gus or Tony?

Good question. 

Could you possibly 'guess' me some numbers for the Lottery next  :D

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Could you possibly 'guess' me some numbers for the Lottery next  :D

Are you all right with sharing the top prize? 

Of course, we could even do one week for me; next week for you and the third week we could sort out the mess Mr Stubbs left  Oh! we could give the fourths weeks winnings to a charity set up to get Faraway here on a regular basis :D

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Of course, we could even do one week for me; next week for you and the third week we could sort out the mess Mr Stubbs left  Oh! we could give the fourths weeks winnings to a charity set up to get Faraway here on a regular basis :D

Shull could do the Taxi run and we are all winners. 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, archie gemmo said:

If the relationship is working properly all 3 will be involved as a team. All of them have their own contacts.

As for who makes the final call, as long as Oran wants the player it doesn't matter who sanctions it financially.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If the relationship is working properly all 3 will be involved as a team. All of them have their own contacts.

As for who makes the final call, as long as Oran wants the player it doesn't matter who sanctions it financially.

• As for who makes the final call, as long as Oran wants the player
  • Agree

Not speculation per se, Paisley are twinned with Furth in Germany, who's team Greuther Fürth, are fourth in Bundesliga 2 and were in the top league a couple of years back. Why are we, OK etc, not visiting them (cultural exchange) to see how they train etc and see'ing what talent they have that would benefit from being with us for a while.

1 hour ago, melmac said:

Not speculation per se, Paisley are twinned with Furth in Germany, who's team Greuther Fürth, are fourth in Bundesliga 2 and were in the top league a couple of years back. Why are we, OK etc, not visiting them (cultural exchange) to see how they train etc and see'ing what talent they have that would benefit from being with us for a while.

So furth are fourth?  

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

I’m speculating that there will be no speculation until December emoji2.png

I was on the verge of joining as I play English non-league 6-a-side football on Monday nights, which Stubbs was delighted with. Unfortunately him being sacked meant my contract never went through :(