Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

We'll definitely put an offer for Hayes. We'd be stupid not to.

Other players linked are:

Mark Millar- Falkirk

Paul Cairney- Thistle

Farid El Alagui- Falkirk

Foaud Bachirou- Morton

Farid El Alagui would be an OK shout.

Danny watching Queen of the South's Danny Carmichael according to QotS poster on P&B..

Would Jon McShane not be better to keep than go for this guy?

Farid El Alagui would be an OK shout.

Would Jon McShane not be better to keep than go for this guy?

Apparently he's more a jinky midfielder than an out and out striker. I'd love to see us have a right midfield version of Carey, maybe Carmichael is the answer?

Apparently he's more a jinky midfielder than an out and out striker. I'd love to see us have a right midfield version of Carey, maybe Carmichael is the answer?

im not sure we need any more midfielders. I would like a right sided Carey. Issue I have is that people say Teale is on a decent wage and I see him starting less games (similar to what has happened over the course of the season). It seems a waste to be paying a lot for someone to come on every so often from the bench.

I would like an actual striker. It has been said that Guy is a winger/forward. I would like one who is an out and out striker. If we were able to sign Hayes i think he is a good player but it would make me wonder as he is a wide player and what would the point of Imrie have been? I hope with Shug and Wee Thomo going we may be able to get a bit of quality up front. I would also like it, but don't see it happening, that we got rid of Teale and Mooy as they are just not doing it.

Hamilton fan posted we were after Mensing. Silly season starting already.

Anyway IMO we need a strong central midfielder, a decent striker and a right back in. I know we won't bring in a right back, but I am at loss as to why we would resign both Barron (crocked frequently) and DVZ (very suspect in defence). Sensible thing to do would have been to bring in a dependable right back who can defend and then offer DVZ a one year deal. Hopefully Barron will be healthy for the season, but it's an unnecessary gamble I believe. Nothing against Barron as he's solid defender though I see no reason to have players in the squad who are typically out for long periods. It's like paying them double wages for playing time.

Falkirk fan has posted on p&b that DL is in talks with John Baird.

That wouldn't surprise me, I haven't seen him play since he left us . He obviously has goals in him but not sure he could make the step up.

I'm going to Starks tomorrow with some mates so I'll be interested to see how his game has developed in the last few years.

Hamilton fan posted we were after Mensing. Silly season starting already.

Anyway IMO we need a strong central midfielder, a decent striker and a right back in. I know we won't bring in a right back, but I am at loss as to why we would resign both Barron (crocked frequently) and DVZ (very suspect in defence). Sensible thing to do would have been to bring in a dependable right back who can defend and then offer DVZ a one year deal. Hopefully Barron will be healthy for the season, but it's an unnecessary gamble I believe. Nothing against Barron as he's solid defender though I see no reason to have players in the squad who are typically out for long periods. It's like paying them double wages for playing time.

rolleyes.gif

Did anyone listen to Super Scoreboard last night?

Gordon Daziel said we were after a striker from

MK Dons with a connection to Tommy Craig?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere, can't be arsed reading the full thread

He is training with us just now but can't sign until the end of season. He was with Craig at Newcastle

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Did anyone listen to Super Scoreboard last night?

Gordon Daziel said we were after a striker from

MK Dons with a connection to Tommy Craig?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere, can't be arsed reading the full thread

It's Lewis Guy who has already signed a PCA with us and, as LS correctly states,is already training with us.

He's still in living in Cumbria training with some diddy club right now, Workington Reds, I think.

I'm sure DL was quoted in the PDE a couple of weeks ago saying that he's been training with us at some point.

Here it is.From April 5th.

Another player Lennon unleashed against Hibs was striker Lewis Guy.

The former Oldham and MK Dons striker has signed a pre-contract with St Mirren and will officially join the Paisley club this summer.

Lennon said: “We’ve had Lewis with us off and on since January.

“He’s the type of lad who plays on the shoulder of the last defender. If we can get balls into the box, then I believe Lewis is the type of guy who will get on the end of them.

“I feel our style of play will suit him well.”

And from April 19th.

Meanwhile, the St Mirren boss has also revealed that new signing Lewis Guy is already enjoying life with his Paisley team-mates ... even though he can’t play any competitive action for the Buddies until next season.

The former Newcastle United, Doncaster Rovers and MK Dons striker has signed a pre-contract agreement with Saints and will continue to train with Lennon’s squad for the rest of the current campaign.

Lennon has also pitched the 26-year-old hitman into action during some behind-closed-doors bounce games to help him get up to speed with the Scottish game.

Edited by FTOF

An article from the 23rd of March and not a direct quote from our manager.moon.gif

You didn't have a direct quote from Lennon either, unless you are referring to this;

"“We’ve had Lewis with us off and on since January"

Which is absolutely correct as he's trained with St Mirren a few times, he also played in a bounce match against Celtic a few weeks ago, although he's still living in Cumbria and training with Workington Reds.

He's been excellent every time he's played for Dunfermline this season. He's also managed scored 7 SPL goals from midfield, left back at times. He'll have plenty of assists too.

Another goal each for Cardle and Carmichael this afternoon.

You didn't have a direct quote from Lennon either, unless you are referring to this;

Which is absolutely correct as he's trained with St Mirren a few times, he also played in a bounce match against Celtic a few weeks ago, although he's still living in Cumbria and training with Workington Reds.

He's also been training with us.

Unless of course DL is lying.

He's also been training with us.

Unless of course DL is lying.

Andy Kirk's now scored 11 SPL goals (two today so far) for a really shitey Dunfermline team. He's 32 but his scoring record with the Pars is almost one goal every two starts. He's decent in the air too and clearly knows where the goal is. Worth a one-year deal for us next year as that competition/back-up for Thommo? He would surely not break the bank either...

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=16412