jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

5 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Think I’ve found our future recruitment strategy. Found this posted in “comments” on St Mirren’s Official Facebook when they posted up the go-pro goals video from yesterday. Surely we are onto a winner now?

EB32376F-25A4-48C2-AD9F-4E6074026199.jpeg

A new slant in getting people into the country without the need for boats. :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, Mearns Saint said:

According to big Isma’s instagram he’s hinting that he’s on his way to a new club. Could it be the Paisley Saints?

Not sure he's the type of player who would fit in to a team struggling with relegation.

He's a luxury player we can't afford IMO.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure he's the type of player who would fit in to a team struggling with relegation.

It depends how you look at it. In some ways Hammill was a luxury player, you often don’t realise he’s there but his fantastic dead ball delivery and ability to score resulted in a fair few goals for us. Likewise Andy Dorman could do nothing for a while, but had this magic ability to score from nothing and remind you why he’s there. Sometimes it’s the luxury guy who will secure the vital three points or that last minute equaliser.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Look at his scoring stats they are very impressive indeed. However I would be very surprised if he popped up in Paisley. 

1 hour ago, Mearns Saint said:

According to big Isma’s instagram he’s hinting that he’s on his way to a new club. Could it be the Paisley Saints?

Won't be us then. We're one of his old clubs. 

1 hour ago, Mearns Saint said:

No idea what the Uzbek league standard is like, but he seems to have scored 20 goals in 27 games.

55 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We weren’t exactly setting the heather on fire with regard to league form when he was here last. I think he would be exactly the type of striker we need right now, strong fast and knows the way to goal. If we were willing to spend on Kenny Miller, then we should splash out on a stmirren legend. 

12 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

We weren’t exactly setting the heather on fire with regard to league form when he was here last. I think he would be exactly the type of striker we need right now, strong fast and knows the way to goal. If we were willing to spend on Kenny Miller, then we should splash out on a stmirren legend. 

We did not get Miller because we could not compete with Dundee"s offer that is a fact. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We did not get Miller because we could not compete with Dundee"s offer that is a fact. 

Naw its noh.   Miller stated that he was offered the same terms at us as Dee offered - He choose them.. Hope he regrets it at the end of the season though . .  :exclaim

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

To be fair IOBS, I don't think money was the issue. If (a big if) I remember correctly McCann was an old pal of his from Rangers. That was the attraction.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Naw its noh.   Miller stated that he was offered the same terms at us as Dee offered - He choose them.. Hope he regrets it at the end of the season though . .  :exclaim

fair enough I thought it was money.