jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

Yes i was there but one game doesn't constitute a life-time...yes he helped us stay up but was a very average footballer imo. Liked tovrun across park never looking up with the ball at his feet. Was a great servant to Saint's but far from a great player. Did ok in 1st division which was always his level...

Sorry, completely disagree. A superb servant and a bloody good player.

4 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Yes i was there but one game doesn't constitute a life-time...yes he helped us stay up but was a very average footballer imo. Liked tovrun across park never looking up with the ball at his feet. Was a great servant to Saint's but far from a great player. Did ok in 1st division which was always his level...

At his peak he would walk into pretty much any Saints team I have seen since the mid-80's.

No idea where you are going with this.

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

At his peak he would walk into pretty much any Saints team I have seen since the mid-80's.

No idea where you are going with this.

I'm not going anywhere with it..just my opion on Shuggie...was a great servant to club but average i thought...

17 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Yes i was there but one game doesn't constitute a life-time...yes he helped us stay up but was a very average footballer imo. Liked to run across park never looking up with the ball at his feet. Was a great servant to Saint's but far from a great player. Did ok in 1st division which was always his level...

Agreed. Like Mark Yardley who I thought at the time was a great player all his best work was done outwith the top league and didn't really shine when in the top league. 

Jim Goodwin did shine in the top league and for that reason was in my opinion a better player than Yardley or Murray. Same applies to Stephen Thompson. A better player who performed well in the top league. 

Yardley and Murray were certainly true to the cause and popular but no one else was interested in taking them from us. 

55 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Agreed. Like Mark Yardley who I thought at the time was a great player all his best work was done outwith the top league and didn't really shine when in the top league. 

Jim Goodwin did shine in the top league and for that reason was in my opinion a better player than Yardley or Murray. Same applies to Stephen Thompson. A better player who performed well in the top league. 

Yardley and Murray were certainly true to the cause and popular but no one else was interested in taking them from us. 

Spot on.

I often thought Shuggie Murray was the overlooked player at the end of the Great Escape season in the 2006/07 season.

He was absolutely brilliant and epitomised the effort and desire that was required to keep us up that year, especially away to Dundee United in early May.

3 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

Yardley didn't get much of a chance often sub to some right chancers

Murray didn't look out of place in Gus McPherson's SPL teams

6 hours ago, JM1 said:

I often thought Shuggie Murray was the overlooked player at the end of the Great Escape season in the 2006/07 season.

He was absolutely brilliant and epitomised the effort and desire that was required to keep us up that year, especially away to Dundee United in early May.

He was a player who knew what his talents were and played to these inside the team. A professional.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:51 PM, nedflanders123 said:

Sorry, completely disagree. A superb servant and a bloody good player.

You have no need to apologise - you disagree because he is talking his usual cr*p - simple as that :headbang

I see the boy Williamson has been released by the pars. Not saw anything of him this year, but last year when we were in the championship I thought he was awesome. Could be worth a punt?

41 minutes ago, linwood bud said:

I see the boy Williamson has been released by the pars. Not saw anything of him this year, but last year when we were in the championship I thought he was awesome. Could be worth a punt?

Being released by the Pars - not good enough for the Premiership . . . 

1 hour ago, linwood bud said:

Don’t think he is being released as such, think he isn’t signing a new deal

He only played in 19 of their League games this season, (about 1/2 of what he managed in the previous year) and although he has played for them 139 times in total for them, he has scored only 1 goal. I know he is a defender, but we don't need more players who cannot contribute to our goals for tally - maybe except a goalie...

Let's watch and see who snaps him up - Dee Utd went for Smith instead?

I doubt he will sign for a Premiership side...

1 minute ago, RossCSmfc said:

Williamson is an excellent player - think he’s had some injuries to deal with this season but by a long way Dunfermline’s best player. 

Wouldnt mind us having a look.

Maybe they cant afford him ? 

A lot of Championship clubs will be cutting back big time over the summer

4 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Williamson is an excellent player - think he’s had some injuries to deal with this season but by a long way Dunfermline’s best player. 

Wouldnt mind us having a look.

HE is not better than Paul McGinn, Hodson, Muzek or Corbu - is he ?

And if he is having injuries - what is the issue - we would not want to sign more players who struggle for fitness..

7 hours ago, saintargyll said:

I think the boy Trafford from ICT would be a great addition to our midfield next season

Contracted until May 2020. Would need to pay a fee and can't see us doing that for someone so mediocre. 

23 hours ago, saintargyll said:

I think the boy Trafford from ICT would be a great addition to our midfield next season

16 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

Contracted until May 2020. Would need to pay a fee and can't see us doing that for someone so mediocre. 

No chance we will be in for Trafford. What about the striker Jordan White - 13 goals this season, but I think he has scored more of them in the later half of the season as he has grown in confidence. . .?   ANSWERS AWAITED . . .:bounce2

On 5/7/2019 at 6:50 PM, Sweeper07 said:

HE is not better than Paul McGinn, Hodson, Muzek or Corbu - is he ?

And if he is having injuries - what is the issue - we would not want to sign more players who struggle for fitness..

Williamson was out for two months early in the season with injury hence limited appearances (but played most if not all Pars games since end of October). Last season he was a standout with the Pars and by far their best player. Capped at U21 level. However he is a right back and we have Paul McGinn there with decent backup. But Williamson is a good player who won't have trouble finding a club.

Edit to Add: Signed for Partick Thistle.

Edited by Sonny