jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

14 minutes ago, pod said:

Yes and when they move on we have to start all over again.  We'll have to get rid of the revolving door in the dressing room.

In reality we cannot - bigger clubs than us face the same issues - Hibs did it with John McGinn,  Tic did it with Van Dyke, Dembele, Armstrong

We can however make sure we get the contracts done well. Longer contracts with better conditions in our favour, percentage of future transfers and clauses for promotion or caps etc etc. etc. but that is not without risk either.

The Fakes model is much more settled - they get rid of 3 or 4 (usually out of contract) main 1st team squad players at most typically and sign 4 - 6. The seem to know exactly what they are looking for and who is not only available but willing to fill those slots each season..

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Being reported Lee Hodson is wanted by us. Happy with that. 

OF course he is - only issue is whether someone else comes in for him . . .  Great player for us this season and particularly good in the last game of the season . . 

41 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Straight swap . Hodson for Heaton emoji848.png

Out of contract in 2 weeks. With any luck he's enjoyed his football with us and is settled here. Would be a decent signing. 

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I agree it is a win win for us. We need to be a club that can raise income from transfers and manage to attract new fresh talent too. being a stepping stone in player progress is fine and provided we and players/agents gain, it can make us a more attractive club to sing/play for. 

Discoland lyrics would need to change first

I am not ITK on this, but suspecting that Oran wants Hodson and MacKenzie to re-sign for us. Hodson played really well with us playing 3 CB's. Our defence was pretty fabulous for the last few months of the season most of the time. I know Hodson was injured for much of that time, but he actually helped improve us despite us already being pretty good.

Big Gary likewise. The issue with him is what are the chances of him being fit far more than he has manage for the last few seasons? Maybe a 6 month deal with a 5 month option depending on fitness might be the way to go... I would not like to see a fit Gary MacK playing against us.

If not Popescu (no doubt deal being chatted through - decision to be made soon) and Baird were good too... and what will happen to Muzek?

17 hours ago, JM1 said:

Jimmy Nicholl to Dundee at McPake's assistant?

He will be away soon - was a great help to  Oran's  as aright hand man - who will replace him for us...?

Edited by Sweeper07

I am not ITK on this, but suspecting that Oran wants Hodson and MacKenzie to re-sign for us. Hodson played really well with us playing 3 CB's. Our defence was pretty fabulous for the last few months of the season most of the time. I know Hodson was injured for much of that time, but he actually helped improve us despite us already being pretty good.
Big Gary likewise. The issue with him is what are the chances of him being fit far more than he has manage for the last few seasons? Maybe a 6 month deal with a 5 month option depending on fitness might be the way to go... I would not like to see a fit Gary MacK playing against us.
If not Popescu (no doubt deal being chatted through - decision to be made soon) and Baird were good too... and what will happen to Muzek?
I'd like to see us make an offer to GMac for next season.
Offer to Hodson too.
And Muzrk.

Break the bank for Popescu !!

3 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Not overly fussed about Muzek, hard to say what his best position is. Positionally struggles at left back and has been caught out a couple of times and don’t think he excelled to much in the back three.

I’m with you. Not the best positionally and has been caught a few times. A bit of the Stelios about him...

Happy if he stays but not disappointed if he goes.

11 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I’m with you. Not the best positionally and has been caught a few times. A bit of the Stelios about him...

Happy if he stays but not disappointed if he goes.

He is head and shoulders above Stelios. Made 2 bad errors in his 14 appearances. Otherwise was very solid and reliable - head and shoulders above Erhahon (Who I like, but overall was not good enough for us last season at LB) Muzek is physically strong and if I were to pick fault it would be with what he offers to our attack. He is steady, but not creative enough and did not add much by way of goals - I only recall him having one shot..

It seems obvious the early business is re-signing those we want to keep, then targeting others once we know how many etc. However, both these things can overlap to some extent..  Hope for a number of confirmed signings within the next 3 weeks...