jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think we had to cut our cloth last year under pressure financially more than we will have to this season. I also think Oran said what he said to let those he wanted away know that he was not planning to keep them all... Whatever it worked out good in the end.

I think Erhahon and MacPherson are 1st team squad now, but not sure we have any younger lads that would not benefit from going out on loan as they won't be ready for the Premiership yet?

I'd be surprised if we have less than 24 of a squad for this coming season...

Erhahon has grown physically over the past year and is shaping up well, IMO. Not yet the finished article and I would prefer to see him in midfield.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not sure if it has been posted.  Oran wants Hodson signd up. 

Yes it is out there and in here

28 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Have Rangers confirmed he's been released ?
I'd be happy to have him back.

Yes he is leaving. Yes he would be happy to come back to us. Rumour Livi are interested too, so we need to offer decent dosh . . .

11 hours ago, pod said:

Heard rumour, Livingston. :(

I don't feel too concerned about Livingstons interest. Hods seems to have enjoyed his time with us and has fitted in well to the club environment. If he doesnt have offers down south he may consider, I can see us being pole position to get him if the finances can be worked out of course. 

29 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I don't feel too concerned about Livingstons interest. Hods seems to have enjoyed his time with us and has fitted in well to the club environment. If he doesnt have offers down south he may consider, I can see us being pole position to get him if the finances can be worked out of course. 

Yes, unless Livi go big to pry him away, I expect he will prefer to stay with us... let#'s face it, Livi will be one of the favourites for relegation, having lost their 3 best players already - who knows who else might flee from them if the opportunity arrives...

Yes, unless Livi go big to pry him away, I expect he will prefer to stay with us... let#'s face it, Livi will be one of the favourites for relegation, having lost their 3 best players already - who knows who else might flee from them if the opportunity arrives...

Livi’s ‘3 best players’ were all playing League One just over 2 years ago.

They were made to look better than they actually are by Livi’s very successful style of play.

How they look when playing for teams who play a different way remains to be seen.

Livi’s success is down to that style of play mentioned above as opposed to the brilliance of individual players.

I suspect they will find replacements.

14 hours ago, pod said:

Heard rumour, Livingston. :(

I would doubt that. Livi supposedly pay low wages (£700 p/w according to their fans) , so I'd be surprised if we couldn't pay more than that.

51 minutes ago, munoz said:

I would doubt that. Livi supposedly pay low wages (£700 p/w according to their fans) , so I'd be surprised if we couldn't pay more than that.

Halkett was on a much bigger wage than that - AND they now have increased revenue from the Premiership to factor in...

There 3 top earners have all gone . . .

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
8 hours ago, insaintee said:
It's not as funny if you have to explain it

If you have to explain it, it isn't funny at all. Don't even bother explaining, I've lost interest.

Whoosh

52 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Halkett was on a much bigger wage than that - AND they now have increased revenue from the Premiership to factor in...

There 3 top earners have all gone . . .

Their average wage is supposedly £671 p/w. With him being captain, he's probably on slightly more than that. Would be very surprised if he was on a "much bigger wage" than that.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

These figures are always fun to read but I remember our ex-Chairman SG saying clubs are frequently "economical with the truth" when it suits. :rolleyes: