Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Of all the footballers I would never ever like to see in a Saints shirt... O'Conner and Grifiths would be right up there... Griffiths especially - disgusting human being and a footballer who thinks he is far better than he actually is! There is a reason Hibs finished 11th and that has a helluva lot to do with those two and their inability to put the ball in the back of the net! No thankyou!!

Of all the footballers I would never ever like to see in a Saints shirt... O'Conner and Grifiths would be right up there... Griffiths especially - disgusting human being and a footballer who thinks he is far better than he actually is! There is a reason Hibs finished 11th and that has a helluva lot to do with those two and their inability to put the ball in the back of the net! No thankyou!!

Agreed. A reprehensible pair of specimens who aren't sufficiently good footballers for that fact to be overlooked.

Leigh Griffiths has scored 51 goals in 124 matches , is fast ,hard working and probably within our budget and I think he would be a goodsigning for us.

O,Conner I think would be a waste of space .

I quite like the idea of us getting a couple of Celtic loanies , and a couple of youngsters that have been relaeased by Newcastle , I,m happy with Lewis Guy and Jon Robertson as signings, but we also need to sign three experienced players who are establishedand able to fit into our style of play very quickly .I think Leigh Griffiths fits the bill , and am hopeful Tommy Craig and Danny Lennon can pull a couple of names out the hat .

Chris Iwelumo perhaps?

Would like us to go for Leigh Griffiths , has loads of pace and a great workrate , and would fit in nicely playing alongside Imrie and Gowser , just behing the Thommahawk .

That forward line wouldn,t give defences a moments peace , and would be rapid on the break

Griffiths got arrested again recently. I suspect he may be sharing a cell with O'Connor sometime soon. Another assault apparently.

Griffiths is pathetic, yes he can run off the shoulder etc but as soon as he gets a ball it's all about him. Twice in recent games the same cross has come to him and twice he's tried the same hitch kick instead of simply bringing it down. Against us it went wildly past the post as the commentators called him athletic, the second time in the Cup he hit the man in front as the commentators went on about him having the talent to do that. No he isn't and no he f**king well, most certainly, does not. Add to that the assaults, the gestures to fans and the alleged partners north and south of the border...idiot of the highest order!

The one thing we definitely need is midfielder to replace Murray/Thomson...we are screwed if Goodwin is either out, gets sent off or has a, well has a, Goodwin and needs taken off. McLean couldn't sit in there, no chance of anyone else in the midfield pool and possibly only Darren McGregor would come close. Who knows, maybe McKernon has blossomed at Ayr.

Griffiths is pathetic, yes he can run off the shoulder etc but as soon as he gets a ball it's all about him. Twice in recent games the same cross has come to him and twice he's tried the same hitch kick instead of simply bringing it down. Against us it went wildly past the post as the commentators called him athletic, the second time in the Cup he hit the man in front as the commentators went on about him having the talent to do that. No he isn't and no he f**king well, most certainly, does not. Add to that the assaults, the gestures to fans and the alleged partners north and south of the border...idiot of the highest order!

The one thing we definitely need is midfielder to replace Murray/Thomson...we are screwed if Goodwin is either out, gets sent off or has a, well has a, Goodwin and needs taken off. McLean couldn't sit in there, no chance of anyone else in the midfield pool and possibly only Darren McGregor would come close. Who knows, maybe McKernon has blossomed at Ayr.

Jon Robertson has been brought in for that position . Box to box midfielder , as were Thomson and Murray originally !

I would actually find it very difficult to bring myself to support O'Connor or Griffiths if they donned Saints shirts. I can't remember us having many horrible characters in the black and white in recent years but those would certainly be two.

And like others said - they're a major part of Hibs' problems this year. If people thought Nigel was inconsistent, they obviously didn't see this pair play.

Edited by Sunny Saint

Am of understanding DL wants most if not all new signings in as pre season starts, 2 are lined up to start training with us and go on pre season tour at moment, one striker and one midfielder still think offer on way for at least one of our players, but agin if going to happen wants it sorted quickly

Am of understanding DL wants most if not all new signings in as pre season starts, 2 are lined up to start training with us and go on pre season tour at moment, one striker and one midfielder still think offer on way for at least one of our players, but agin if going to happen wants it sorted quickly

Guy and Robertson !

O'Connor makes £7000 per week. Info received from the father of another Hibs player.

Yes but he has image rights in his contract which are not paid by the club. This Ferrari driving(crashing)Insurance snow lover must be worth at least £25 per week for that. Keep him away from our club!!!...Much better out there in the lower divisions.